Product code change

Started by Winnie, September 28, 2006, 03:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnie

If I change the product code (not product ID) on yahoo store after i already imported the items to SM and QB, and then click update products on SM, will the changes be imported to QB to over-write the old codes of the same items?   I don't want to import it as a new item, rather, to make changes to the old item.  But i have many changes that i do not want to do it manually on QB.   pls advise.

Winnie

David Johns

Winnie,

This is possible.  The way you would do this is as follows:

1. Go to "View" | "Products" in The SuperManager.
2. Use the "Update Products" button to pull in the new products from your Yahoo! store if they are not already there.
3. Select the new products that you need to link to the old ones in QuickBooks and choose "Actions" | "Create All Variants"
4. Open each of the new items in the product details screen by double clicking on them.
5. Select the "Variant" (A Unique combination of the products options - If there are no options there is just 1 default variant) from the list at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
6. Enter the code of the old item in the "Alternative Code" box on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
7. Click the save button to save the changes to the product.

When there is an Alternative Code in this field it will use this name to export the product to QuickBooks.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com