Orders to Dazzle as from Uganda

Started by chettid, October 10, 2006, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chettid

I'm in the process of setting up a second SM file for a second store, and for some reason my U.S. orders are exporting to Dazzle as being from Uganda (so Dazzle wants to print international postage.)

Am I forgetting a setting somewhere?

chettid

To clarify, SM is putting "Uganda" on the country in the ship-to addresses for some reason.  (So if I delete that in each order, then I can export to Dazzle normally.)

I checked the Yahoo store, and they are marked as United States there, so it doesn't appear to be getting imported that way.

David Johns

chettid,

Please check the address on your store settings by going to "View" | "Store Settings" and selecting the "Store Profile" tab.  I am suspecting that the store address may have Uganda set as the country.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

chettid

Originally it was set to Uganda - you were right.  Then I changed it, but the orders were still coming in as Uganda, like it didn't fully update.

I'll try again with the next set of orders, and maybe it will have fully reset.

Thanks! :)

David Johns

chettid,

When orders are created they are initialized to be from the country you have specified in your profile.  Once they have been created the country is perminently  to the address itself.  The easiest way to change it would be to make a simple export and import to export the orders from this country, change the country in excel and re-import them into The SuperManager.  Here is a stab at the process to do this:

1. Save a backup of your .smg or .sbk just in case.
2. Go to "View" | "Program Settings..." and got to the "Export Formats" tab.
3. Click "Add..." and create a new export called "Country" or something like that with these settings:
    - This format exports: Orders
    - File Header = "Order-ID, Billing country, Shipping country" (without quotes)
    - Line (The bottom box) = "order_id, bill_country, ship_country" (without quotes)
4. Go to the "Import Formats" tab and "Add..." to create a new import also called "Country" or something like that with these settings:
    - This format imports: Orders
    - Number of Header Lines: 1
    - Text Qualifier: <None>
    - Delimitters: Only comma is checked
    - Line (The bottom box) = "order_id, bill_country, ship_country" (without quotes)
5. Close the settings dialog by clicking "OK" and go to "View" | "Orders"
6. Choose the "SuperFilter" tab and choose to filter by "Ship To Country" then select Uganda from the country list and press "Go".
7. Now choose "Bill To Country" from the filter dropdown and again select Uganda from the country list.   Press "Go" and then select "Also Select" from the dropdown that comes up when you press "Go".
8. Once all the orders are listed press ctrl-A to select them all, then right click on the list of selected orders and choose "Export" | "Country" and choose where to save it.
9. Bring this file up in Excel or another spreadsheet and Find/Replace "Uganda" with "United States"
10. Save the spreadsheet as a "CSV (Comma delimitted)" file.
11. In SuperManager choose "File" | "Import" | "Country" and select the file you saved in Excel.

This should update all the orders that got the bad country code  to them

Let me know how it goes or if you need help.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com