backorder "subtract from subtotal"

Started by finnstyle, November 09, 2006, 12:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

I have SuperManager set to subtract backordered items from the subtotal, but it does not subtract the backordered amount from the quantity.

For example:
An order for 3 pillows, 2 are backordered. We print a sales receipt, it has the correct amount (the charge for one pillow plus shipping) for the shipped items but -
1. it still shows the quantity for both the shipped items and the backordered items as 3.
2. the backordered amount only reflects 1 pillow.

Is this something I'm doing wrong? A bug? Some setting I need to change?
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

This is not really a "bug" persay.  It is performing as designed.  The issue is that The SuperManager currently just prints Receipts.  Based on your need we intend to add another report type "Packing Slip" that will differentiate between items being shipped in each shipment, rather than the order as a whole.

I might add, though, that for items that you ship a portion of them in one shipment, while the others are backordered, I recommend creating a second line item - one for the ones being shipped now and another for the remaining backordered ones.  This way you can differentiate it on the receipt and put them in the proper shipments.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

Can you expand on this for those just learning the backorder feature?  If the order includes back-orders, however what can be shipped is, will a new order be created that only includes the backorders and reference the original order?

Different OM's treat this differently, so I would be interested in the best way to deal with backorders in SuperManager and QuickBooks.

Thanks!
Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Sure.

When fulfilling orders if you find you do not have an item requested in an order you can open it in the order details screen, right click on the item and choose "Backordered".    When you do this SuperManager does two things:
1. It sets the entire quantity of the items ordered as backordered.
2. It moves the item to a shipment containing other backordered items, or if none exists, it creates one.

Note that this can also be done by double clicking on the item to open it in the item details window and changing the "Backorded" from 0 to the number backordered.  In the item details window you can also set an expected ship date for the items.  Note that when doing this SuperManager also moves the items to a shipment with other backordered items or creates one if none exists.

SuperManager also offeres three different ways of handling the backordered items with respect to the order amount due.  These are set in the program settings on the "Preferences" tab.
1. None - Backorders are not removed from the total amount due.
2. Subtract from Subtotal - The amount due for the backordered items is not included in the subtotal.  This implies that if taxes are calculated in The SuperManager it will not include the amount of tax due for the backordered items.
3. Add Total Line Item - An additional total line is added to the order that subtracts the amount due for the backordered items.  This implies that if taxes are calculated in The SuperManager it will include the amount of taxes due for the backordered items.

As for exporting the order to QuickBooks - currently we recommend waiting until the order is completely fulfilled and in The SuperManager before exporting the orders to QuickBooks.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if anyone has any specific questions.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Ok, that makes sense.  If it is imported to QB's by mistake it can be deleted and re-exported.

Now this is only in the Full version, correct?  Not the Lite. 

I'm finding that a lot of users are getting comfortable with the Lite version and then it makes it so much easier for them to upgrade to the Full version for all the extra cool features.  I really appreciate the fact that you guys have offered these two solutions to the eCommerce community!

Rox :-)
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

This is available in the lite version as well.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com