business names in QB : Added - Version 1.2.5.0

Started by finnstyle, January 12, 2007, 07:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

I don't know if this started with the new beta, or if it's been going on all along, but we just noticed that business names don't export to QB.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

This has never been added to the QuickBooks export.  It is a good idea for something to add, however.  Would you mostly be interested in adding this to the address on the sales reciept itself, adding it to the customer or both?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

I would like to see it added by both.

In my case I bring in the actual customer name to my QuickBooks, instead of using the date feature.  Most of the time my 'customer name' is really the name of the business; it's easier for me to remember then the person's name - especially if I'm working with 8 John's and 10 Steve's (like I am now  :-))

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

One thing I can add on this now.  We will add the company name to the export.  We have now added the variable ship_company_or_name and bill_company_or_name and you can have it name the customer this variable in QBs by just changing the customer name setting in your program settings "XML Exchange" tab under QuickBooks, then "Order Export Customer Name" (or something like that).  When the company name is not blank it will fill it in as the company name, when it is the full name (first and last) of the person.  This may get you part of the way there until we have added the company name to the automatically export fields.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Ususally for us it's just part of the address that should be included.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

qbsrox

OK, I'll give it a try and let you know.

I agree with Ben, it needs to be part of the address book; not so much the sales receipt I guess.  For me, again I'm 'outside the box' on some things - but I could use the variable, which is fine.  For a default setting - have it add to the address book.

Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Ben,

This has now been added.  As of version 1.2.5.0 SuperManager will add a line to show the company name if one exists in the address.  SuperManager has added the company name to customers for a while now.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com