Standardizing international addresses : Added - Beta 1.1.7.3

Started by finnstyle, January 22, 2007, 08:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

Standardizing international addresses would be nice... for some reason Europeans don't seem fond of the shift key.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

We can add standardization of international addresses in terms of capitolization.  Unfortunately we are not aware of a service that offers verification as is available in the US, however.  I have added this to our list.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I have added this feature to the address verification function and it will be available with the 1.1.7.3 update.  I also added name and company name capitolization to the address verification.  Use the "Check for Updates" feature over the next couple days and you will find the new beta there.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

This doesn't work perfectly... This is a result I got after using it today:

Orchard Cottage
19 ferry lane
Goring, oxfordshire RR8 9WX
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I fixed the problem that made the address2 line not get capitolized.  The state/province I had left as is because many countries also have codes for states, like NSW for New South Wales as an example.  Reviewing it and based on your comment I decided that capitolizing it as well was more often right then wrong and Nsw wasn't too bad of a slaughter.  I updated it in a version ready for download, 1.1.7.7.  Let me know if you disagree.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com