Charged? : Abandoned

Started by finnstyle, March 19, 2007, 08:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

I've had a couple orders that I charge through SM, and they look like the charge went through (they will mark themselves as charged and the payment event will show up) but then when I look them up at yahoo, they were never charged.

I can't identify anything unusual in the orders that might be causing this; the most recent one was pretty much as simple as any order can be.

Do you know what might be causing this? How I can stop it? It's not a huge deal, as it's only happened twice in the last few months, and it's obviously not a huge problem to charge one order a month manually, but I thought you should be aware.

Thanks!
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

Thanks for the feedback.  I seem to remember someone reporting something like this happening in the past, but it was a rare occurance because we left it with that customer that they would contact us if it continued to occur.  We will look into this a bit further since it has re-occured.

There is one thing I can tell you to help you catch when something like this does occur.  I'm not sure if you are routinely downloading your batches if you are you can generate an unbatched payment events report to monitor for payments that have been requested, but have not batched.  To do this you need to keep up with your batches so payments get marked batched.  To get started:

1. Go to "View" | "Admin" and click "Get Batches" and wait for SuperManager to pull down the latest batches. - Note it takes up to 10 minutes for Yahoo to generate the report SuperManager downloads and imports.
2. Go to "View" | "Orders" and select "Actions" | "Payment Events" | "Scan for Batched" from the main menu.  This will match up orders with batches that were previously out of sync or PayPal payments that weren't matched up.
3. Once this is complete select the "SuperFilter" tab and filter to "Unbatched Payments" and press "Go".
4. Yahoo only allows you to get the last 90 days of batches so there are likely several payments older than 90 days that were not pulled in and marked as batched, but probably were actually batched.  For any such orders select them all and choose "Actions" | "Payment Events" | "Mark Batched"

After doing this you can use this superfilter or the report under "Actions" | "Payment Events" | "Unbatched Events Report" to watch for payments that slip through this rare crack in SuperManager's method.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

WestCoastClassicCougar

Hey David,

I have had this issue as well.  It does not happen very often, and I can't find a pattern to when it happens, but it seems to reliable happen 1-3 times a month.  So far this month I have only had one and it was a manual credit for $78. I have been searching for batched items and just recharging if it is not found in the batches.  But I thought I should let you know that I have also had this issue.  Let me know if there is any further  I can lend (I will be gone on vacation for a few weeks, but I will be happy to help any way I can when I return).

Joshua
West Coast Classic Cougar
The Worlds Largest Cougar Only Wrecking Yard!
http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com

finnstyle

This workaround is not working for me. It listed a TON of orders, and most of them I know to have been batched. It's too time-consuming to go through all of them to find the three or four that haven't. And we still are having those one or two orders a month slip through.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I know that this isn't optimal and we will keep working to find the loophole that allows this to happen.  In the beginning you may need to manually mark a lot of the orders as batched manually.  To do this just select the orders and choose "Actions" | "Payment Events" | "Mark Batched".  Once you clear out the list of unbatched orders it will be an effective means of catching these orders that somehow slip through in the future.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Joshua, finnstyle,

Is this problem still happening for you?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com