Cannot download Log in/Orders

Started by WillTartak, April 03, 2007, 01:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillTartak

Hi,

I'm trying out SM lite.

My system is Windows Vista Ultimate with all the latest patches installed. IE7 ;). I also have FireFox 2.0.0.1 installed though I don't think that is an issue.

I've added SM to Windows Firewall. I've also added smallbusiness.yahoo.com and store.yahoo.com as exceptions to the IE7 pop up blocker.

My store is an older Yahoo! Store, not the hosting type. I'm guessing this might be an issue.  :?

At first I had a browser already logged in to my store and asked SM to log in with that same id. It opened a new browser tab on the last used IE window and navigated to smallbusiness.yahoo.com and stopped there. I clicked on the store's link and then asked SM to download a set of older orders. It asked me if I wanted to download the products first. I said yes and it downloaded the products. I then asked it to download the orders and then I got a 1030 error. After reviewing some forum topics I added SM to the firewall and followed the other advice I found on error 1030 including a restart.

After the restart I tried to download the orders again with the same result. At that point I started playing with other login ids and having browsers opened or closed, etc. I tried as many permutations as I could think of with no success. In each case it stops at smallbusiness.yahoo.com and does nothing from there. I've allowed it to sit there for over 30 minutes and that made no difference either.

Any help/input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

\ ^ / i l l

Mike Griggs

Hey,
I was having the same problem after installing Vista but I did the following and then it worked for me..

1. Close down all instances of IE including the SuperManager.
2. Open IE and then go to the Internet Options/Security
3. There is a new setting in there that doesn't show up in XP IE.  Uncheck the "Enable Protect Mode" setting in the the "Security" tab main window.
4. You may need to restart IE for changes to take effect.
5. Restart the SuperManager and try to download orders again.

I think that is the setting that I changed and then it worked but if that doesn't do it then try playing with the different security settings.  Next time I get into Vista I will find the exact setting and update this post.

Good luck!
Mike

WillTartak

Hi Mike,

Wow, that was a quick response. And right on too. :)

The actual checkbox is called "Enable Protect Mode".

Everything else was exactly as you said and it is now working.

Thanks!

\ ^ / i l l