Sales tax in QB

Started by Travis, July 16, 2007, 08:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

I ave super manager setup to export from my yahoo store into QB. It calculates my sales tax for the state of PA and I can see how much I owe, but is there a way in QB to see the orders from the state of PA and which orders sales tax was collected from?

Thanks!

Mike Griggs

Hey Travis,
Thanks for the question.

While we do interface with QuickBooks, we aren't too familiar with the Reports and data mining capabilities of QuickBooks.  There may be other store owners who can answer this question for you or you could try the Quickbooks Group forum...  http://www.quickbooksgroup.com/

Alternatively, you can actually run this report in the SuperManager to find taxes paid for orders in a particular state.  Follow the steps below..

1. In the SuperManager click the "SuperFilter" tab.
2. Select the appropriate "From:" and "To:" dates if you want a specific date range and then click "Go"(skip this step for all orders)
3. Next, Select "Ship to State" in the dropdown and then enter the appropriate state abbreviation "PA" and click "GO".
4. Next, select all orders in the list and then right click and click "Print Report->Default Summary"

You should then receive the report with a summary of the taxes received for PA orders.

Thanks!
Mike

qbsrox

Travis,

Are your orders coming in and creating a customer name for each one or are you using a generic customer?

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com