Error adding items to QB from SuperManagerLite

Started by KaraC, August 28, 2007, 05:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaraC

I am trying to import orders (and add products as I import orders) into QB (2007 Retail) and keep getting the following error:

Unable to add parent item to QuickBooks - Error adding item 'EG-ADP70': There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Account "Taxable Sales" in the Items.  QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument.  The specified record does not exist in the list

I know the answer has to be right in front of me with all of the user's manuals spread before me, but alas, I can't seem to find it..

Thanks,
Kara 

Mike Griggs

Hello Kara,
You need to make sure that you enter an existing Taxable Sales Account value in your SuperManager QB settings.

1. Click View->Store Settings and then click the "Accounting Export" tab
2. Scroll down the list to "Taxable Sales Account/Item"
3. Enter a valid Taxable sales account in the text box.
4. Click "OK" and then click File->Save

You can then try to export again.  Please let us know if it works ok for you.

Thanks!
Mike

qbsrox

There was another question she had on another forum that I answered regarding the sales tax setting .... so I'm posting that here as well.

The 'auto tax' fix isn't necessary if you are now using SMLite (except if the phantom accounts already exist in your QB's file - then you need to edit them, make sure they have an account  to them .... I would use Temporary Distribution ... and make them inactive.

In SML - all the accounts that are set up in the accounting Export (under View>Store Settings>Accounting) must exists exactly as in QB's.  Probably the ones you need to check are:

Tax Item .... Set that to Sales Taxes
Tax Reference Item ..... Set that to say Yahoo Calculated

In QUICKBOOKS .... The ITEM List, make sure you have:

Sales Taxes as a Sales Tax Item
Yahoo Calculated .... as a Sales Tax Item

Go to your PREFERENCES in QB's and make SURE your 'most Common Sales Tax Item' (Sales Tax>Company Preferences) are set to 'Yahoo Calculated'

That should take care of any sales tax errors - if you have other errors, then we will deal with them one-by-one.  It would be good if you post on the forum and then I'll just paste this over so we can have the information there as well.

Hope this helps some,
Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

qbsrox

The 2nd post was:

You need to check you settings in SuperManager Lite under View>Store Settings>Accounting Export .... all of those accounts need to match accounts in your QuickBooks. For instance that particular order means in SML it is set at the default ("Taxable Sales") - however that income account does not exist in QB's .... so edit SM for whatever income account you want to use - or add Taxable Sales as an income account in QB's.

All the accounts MUST match. With each thing that does not match you will get an error - and the error messages will point you (or me :-) in the right direction.

Good Luck!
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

KaraC

That fixed it..I had it in QB as taxable sale rather than taxable sales...user error.

Thanks for all of the help!   :-D

Kara

qbsrox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com