Images in Packing List and Invoice

Started by EricCech, September 03, 2007, 10:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricCech

Hi,

I do not seem to be able to specify a proper location for our company logo image in the templates. When editing the html, I've tried a 'hard' location (ie. location on the c: drive), specified it in the same folder as the template (without a location prefix), and even posted it to our website with a www location, and it has yet to show up when I print an order. Can you tell me how to specify the location in the html templates?

Thanks!

David Johns

Eric,

When you use the default templates they reference a file called "logo.jpg".  If you just rename a logo you have in jpeg format to that name and drop it into the folder where the template resides (it is installed to C:\Program Files\SuperManager\ but you can move them from there if you like - just make sure the path to it is kept up to date in the store settings and that you keep the logo.jpg file with it) it should work.  SuperManager does do some special stuff to make sure the template shows up correctly that could mess things up when you try to access the logo in another way other than placing it in the same directory as explained or it should also work when you put it on the www somewhere and reference it that way.  I tried that and was able to get that method to work as well.  You should just need to set the "src" property (source) of the "IMG" tag (image) in the html code to a picture, for example I used http://www.thesupermanager.com/images/SuperWareLogo.jpg and it showed up fine.

Let me know if it works when you place the file in the same folder as the template as described.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

I've been setting up our new store (AlwaysMod.com) and this is the only thing I can't get to work. We use the same SalesReceipt and PackingSlip templates for all 4 stores, and they're saved in our P: (network) drive. In that same folder are 4 images, named as follows:

FinnishGifts.comLogo.bmp
FinnStyle.comLogo.bmp
GlassBirds.comLogo.bmp
AlwaysMod.comLogo.bmp

The first 3 stores work just fine, as you guys set them up, but the new one, AlwaysMod, doesn't. It can find the templates, just not the logo. I double-checked the company name in the store settings, and it is "AlwaysMod.com". Even the capitalization is consistent. I can open and view the image just fine, it just refuses to show up on our sales receipts.

Any ideas?
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

That is really strange.  Can you send me a sample invoice from this store and another store that works?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Well, like I said, we use the exact same invoice for all four stores. Not a copy of the same, but the same exact file. That's why this is so baffling to me. Anyway, I emailed you our SalesReceipt. Hope that helps!
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

Kyla,

Sorry - I guess I was unclear in stating what I was looking for.  Can you please send an example receipt from one of your stores that works and from the one that doesn't?  To do this, print the report then go to "Start" | "Run" in windows and enter "%temp%\SuperManager".  This will bring up the temp folder where SuperManager temporarily places the reports before printing them.  Copy the file "Invoices.html" to an email.  Then repeat this for the other store.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

okay, i thought that was a bit strange! the correct ones are sent now.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

Kyla,

What happens if you go in windows to "Start" | "Run", enter "P:\Supermanager\AlwaysMod.comLogo.bmp" and hit enter?  Does the logo come up in your picture editor/previewer?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

finnstyle

I figured it out! I was trying to use that same logo in a different program and it told me it was "not a valid bitmap" - I guess I had taken a JPG file and just renamed it without actually changing the file type. Opening the image in IE and saving as a bitmap corrected the problem!

However, it's still showing up tiny compared to our other stores. I doubled the size of the original image, and the printed size did not change. Is there any way to fix this... preferably without having a different Order Report for this store than the other three?
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I noticed that your invoice is fixing the height to 60, so it will shrink it down to that size.  Could it be that there is excess empty space that you could crop out on that one that makes it very small relative to the others when it gets shrunk down to 60 pixels?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com