Backordered Item(s) on separate Invoice : Added - version 1.3.4.3

Started by youcancallmeal, October 10, 2007, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youcancallmeal

First, thanks again guys for your prompt responses to my prior queries.

I continue to have come difficulties working with Backordered Items. I am trying to create an Invoice that includes only backordered items, with appropriate subtotals, etc., covering ONLY those backordered items.

Currently, I'm able to print an Invoice which shows only backordered items. However, I cannot get the following information to print as we desire:

• Total Number of Items (should be an aggregate of ONLY the number of backordered items)
  • Subtotal (should be the aggregate of ONLY the backordered items extended prices)
  • Shipping (should be only the remaining Shipping charges, if any, that have NOT been already billed on an earlier shipment)
  • Tax (ditto as in "Shipping" above)
  • Total (should be the aggregate of ONLY the prior Totals)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.
--
Mike

David Johns

Mike,

Unfortunately there is not currently a way to make an invoice like this.  I have added it to our development list and we will try to add this capability in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Mike,

I'm working on this idea for you and had a couple of questions.  Most of this can be done using a "Packing Slip" rather than an invoice.  The distinction is that a packing slip prints out information for a single shipment rather than the entire order.  You can give this a try (if you haven't already) by modifying an order to have more than one shipment:

• Open the order details screen
  • Click on "Add Shipment"
  • Drag and drop items from the shipment tree into the new shipment
  • Once you have the shipments split up the way you want, select one of the shipments and click the "Print" button.
  • Choose "Default Packing Slip".  If it reports that you don't have a default packing slip defined, you will have to add a packing slip in your store settings.  There is a standard template available at C:\Program Files\SuperManager\Packing Slip.html.

The things this currently available functionality lacks is the ability to print totals.  I can add these, but wanted to get a better understanding of what needs to be added first.

We already have shipment_items to tell how many items are in the shipment.  We can create shipment_subtotal, shipment_tax_total and shipment_total.  I guess the only one I am struggling with is the shipping total (and any other totals for that matter: adjustments, credits, etc...).  I'm trying to figure out how you would want SuperManager to split up the shipment total amoung multiple shipments.  Did you have an idea on how this would work?  Would you just want  to split any other totals as a ratio of the subtotal of the shipment to the complete order total?

Is adding these totals to the shipment variables even going to fill your need?
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

We've added the capabilities I described above in version 1.3.4.3.  If additional capabilities are desired, please drop us a new feature request to let us know how the added features could be changed or expanded upon.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com