2008 Support?

Started by doublehighc, November 02, 2007, 05:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublehighc

Does SuperManager Lite support QuickBooks Pro 2008? The web site indicates support for 2003 to 2007. If not, when might 2008 support be added? Thanks!

David Johns

doublehighc,

I spoke with a QuickBooks Pro we often work with about this and she told us it does work with 2008.  She also warned us, however, that there were certain instabilities in the initial release of 2008 that made it difficult to work with.  I will forward this topic to her for her to comment.  That is what I know so far.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Hi There,

Sorry for the delay, I actually just returned from a conference that was all about the 2008 version.  I have tested SuperManager Lite and Full with the initial release of 2008 and it worked without a hitch; there will be a new update released shortly that is in beta right now, but I don't expect there to be a problem.  There are some problems with 2008 in general that could cause a problem in certain cases, however it is not related to SuperManager.

I would suggest anyone installing 2008 that they select the full install (not the upgrade option) and be sure to follow the installation screens carefully - as they have definitely changed and you want to be sure to select the correct options.  If you run into any problems, please post back ... and I'll be happy to  where I can or help you get to the right person at Intuit for support.

Overall the 2008 version has a lot of nice user enhancements and new users will benefit from the new set-up wizard and tutorials.  If anyone is using 2005 or older, this is a good time to upgrade - especially if you are using a lot of the features within the program.

Hope that helps a bit.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com