Clearing File After FedEx Import : Modified - Beta 1.1.0.3

Started by jumpmonger23, April 03, 2006, 09:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumpmonger23

Got a question about importing from the fedex SM - specifically the text file it creates.

Does this file ever get "cleared" after import?  Every time we ship, it "inserts a new record" - and the file just keeps getting bigger and bigger.  When we import the tracking info in to TSM, it re-imports all the numbers regardless if it's already been imported a previous time.  In turn, it re-sends this info to Yahoo everytime, and I'm not sure if Yahoo! is resending the "shipped" notifications to customers everytime this is done.

Is there any program setting we can do, or anything else we can try short of manually deleting the contents of fedextosm.txt?

David Johns

Jeff,

The SuperManager will automatically delete this file for you after it imports it if you follow these instructions:

1. In The SuperManager choose "View" | "Program Settings..." from the main menu.

2. Select the "Import Formats" tab

3. From the list of import formats choose the "FedEx" import or whichever one you are working with.

4. Check the "Delete After Import" option.

After that each time you import it will delete the file afterwards, giving FedEx an empty file to work with the next time.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jumpmonger23

I think you may have to add another option other than "delete after import".

The new version of FedEx Ship Manager, v.2308-a will now check if a file exists when trying to export the tracking number to a text file. 

Because SuperM will delete after import, everytime you try to ship a package thereafter will produce a "file not found" error in fedex.  it won't export a tracking number unless the file exists first, and it won't create the file on its own anymore. 

perhaps there needs to be an option to "clear after import" or something like that.

let me know if there is a workaround.

David Johns

Thanks for the heads up.  We will investigate this issue.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jumpmonger23

any resolution on this issue yet?  I consider this a critical issue because SM won't send e-mails out with tracking #'s. 

I don't want to do anything without the file getting cleared due to the problem that would arise when I first posted this thread.

David Johns

We will adapt the way this function in an upcoming beta release to just clear the file instead of deleting it as it does now.  In the meantime you can workaround it by doing the following:

1. Change the setting on the FedEx import in The SuperManager to turn off the option to "Delete After Import".
2. After importing open the file in wordpad or notepad.  Select all (ctrl-a) and save (ctrl-s).

We can try to have a beta release ready for you in the next day or two, but in the mean time this will serve as a workable (although inconvenient) workaround.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Thanks David for the quick response to FedEx's changes. Please add me to the list of updates for the beta release. I will follow your other instructions for now.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Jeff, Nathan,

I have fixed this issue in the 1.1.0.1 beta release.  I have sent each of you an email for you to download the beta release for you to try out.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Works perfectly. Thanks David.
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Thanks for the feedback!  Glad it is working.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com