Creating Report with a Yes/No variable field...

Started by mbcarr1975, January 20, 2008, 01:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

Is there a way to create a report that will print out only the "Yes" responses on a custom variable?

For example, I just want to print a report that shows the people who have selected to "opt-in" to our mailing list. I have created a report that includes the following fields:

bill_custom2, order_id, bill_first_name bill_last_name, order_email, bill_zip

The "bill_custom2" is a Y/N input for the customer. The problem is that I get all of the orders printed, but I only really want the "yes" responses.

Any ideas?

Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

mbcarr,

Are you using a report or an export format to do this?  Reports will create an html file and print it out for you, whereas exports will export it to a file.

I know other customers have used an export to do things like this, then taken it to excel and sorted the data there, then exported it to a mailing list program, for example.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Ah Ha...

Stupid question #2....  I have not exported data from SM before...and I see an Import function on the file menu but not an Export function.

Can you explain how to export info? This would also be very helpful for our drop shippers that would like a CSV file for orders...

-Michele
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Since you can export orders, products, batches, and other objects, SuperManager has the export menu when you select orders/products, etc..., right click and choose "Export".

You will see an option to export a few pre-defined export formats as well as any that you have defined in the "Program Settings..." "Export Formats" tab.  See the appendix of the user's manual to see a complete list of all the export field variables.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Thanks David...I knew it was there somewhere!

-Michele
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com