How do I setup the XML exchange connection with DAZzle?

Started by Mike Griggs, August 01, 2004, 01:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Griggs

Section 11.3 of the User's Manual gives detailed instructions to help you set up the Dazzle connection.

qbsrox

Any tips or tricks you have encountered along the way?
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

The dazzle integration is pretty straightforward and seemless.  The one thing I can offer from having worked with customers on setting it up is to use the "XML Exchange" function for exporting to dazzle rather than just exporting the xml file and importing it manually.  Once you have dazzle setup to watch for a new xml request The SuperManager sends one out, dazzle processes it and writes the tracking numbers to another xml file and then The SuperManager reads this file it.  It is all automatic and very efficient.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Quote from: Mike Griggs on August 01, 2004, 01:49:31 PM
Section 11.3 of the User's Manual gives detailed instructions to help you set up the Dazzle connection.

Hi Mike,

I am having problem with setting up XML exchange with Dazzle. I have premium service.
I followed the instructions in manual. I set up things in "Program Setting" then I also set it up in Dazzle. Then I worked in "Store Setting"> Custom Field.

My problems are:

Although the xml file is created and transfered and I receive confirmation message from Super Manager. However when Dazzle window pop-up, it shows me Print window:

Postage Type: No Mail Class chosen

so I have to chose a mail class. Let say priority. It start printing, but when print comes out it shows sender and recipient address, but there is no bar code, no stamp.. ....nothing else.

Any help?

Thanks

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

There a couple things you need to do here.  The first is on the SuperManager side.  You will need to go through the ship mapping process as described in section 7.7.a "Shipping Methods and Map Ship Dialog" of the manual.  Once the shipping methods are mapped the mail class will be properly chosen for you.

The second problem is one of a couple things.  It could be that you have "Test Print Only" selected under "View" | "Program Settings..." | "XML Exchange" | "Dazzle".  It could also be that you need to select a different postage template in Dazzle itself.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

I think Mapping system in my Supermanger software i snot working. Here what I did:

View> Store Setting> Custom Field> Ship method> Add
I added USPS Priority then click Modify and chose " XML Exchange...." Under "Map Carrier Shipping Classes for Export"
And then I select "Priority Mail" under " Select carrier shipping class to map to" and then click OK.

Now if I come back in the modify mode again for USPS Priority (Ship method), I see that my setting has been changed. Instead of "XML Exchange...."  it is set on number first "Dazzle / Endicia". No matter what how many times I do it is the same result. Even if I add a UPS method and set to UPS, and next time I come my setting is automatically set on "Dazzle / Endicia".

Because of this, the class is unable to pass the correct variable. Here is what it look like:

----------------------------
<DAZzle Start="PRINTING" Prompt="YES" Test="NO" SkipUnverified="YES" OutputFile="C:\DOCUME~1\shop72\LOCALS~1\Temp\SuperManager\dazzle-sm.xml">
<Package ID="0">
<DateAdvance>0</DateAdvance>
<MailClass>NONE</MailClass>
<FlatRate>FALSE</FlatRate>
<WeightOz>2.00 oz</WeightOz>
<TotalPostage/>
<Oversize>FALSE</Oversize>
<Services/>
<CostCenter/>
<Value>12.21</Value>
<Description/><OriginCountry>US Minor Outlying Islands</OriginCountry>
<CustomsFormType>CN22</CustomsFormType>
<ContentsType>MERCHANDISE</ContentsType>
<CustomsQuantity1>1</CustomsQuantity1>
<CustomsWeight1>2.00</CustomsWeight1>
<CustomsDescription1>CH-94010 - 5"  World Globe  Brass Finish Base</CustomsDescription1>
<CustomsValue1>12.21</CustomsValue1>
<CustomsCountry1>Afghanistan</CustomsCountry1>
<ReferenceID>6502-1</ReferenceID>
<ToName>Cing ll</ToName>
<ToAddress1>9 Amber Dr</ToAddress1>
<ToCity>RanPalos Vetdes</ToCity>
<ToState>CA</ToState>
<ToPostalCode>90275-2905</ToPostalCode>
<ToZIP4/>
<ToCountry>US Minor Outlying Islands</ToCountry>
<ToEMail>009y@yahoo.com</ToEMail>
<ToPhone>618 000 0000</ToPhone>
</Package>
</DAZzle>

-------------------------------------------------

One thing to note that class is showing the country as Afghanistan.  :?
Here is this problem, altough I already unchecked the test print. Also selected priority mail label. However same result that my print out contains only sender and customer address. Our logo, and that all. No bar code no stamps. Moreover postage log does not show any stamp printed out.

Any Help ?

Thanks

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

This is a common misunderstanding.  The thing you are really trying to map the shipping method to is the setting at the bottom of the map ship screen.  There will be one of these settings for each of the exports listed in the list labeled "1. Select shipping carrier...".  So for each one you need to set:

1. Select the Dazzle XML from the list box
2. Select the shipping class.

What is then stored is that when you export to Dazzle XML it should use the shipping class you have selected.  Next time you bring up the form it will always select the entry on the top, but when you switch to the bottom you will see that the shipping class you selected previously for Dazzle XML is still selected.

It is set up this way so you can have ship classes set up for each of the exports on the list.  All of them will be stored.  You then choose which program/format to export it to by simply selecting the order from the order list and choosing export.

Does this make sense?

This is explained the best I know how in section 7.7.a "Shipping Methods and Map Ship Dialog" in the manual.  Please help me to make it more clear how this is to work if it is not clear there.  Sometimes I just get too close to things and can't see them from an outsider's prospective.

The customs country is set under the product as the "Country of Origin".  Is the country of origin of this product set to Afganistan?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

David,

Finally, I got what was the problem. It was a setting from yahoo store which was cuasing all the trouble. This setting does needs to be changed before we export any order via Dazzle XML exchange.

Here it is:

Our yahoo store is set to get real time UPS rate. None of USPS or FedEx methods are included in shipping methods list at our Yahoo Store. So when  imported into SuperManager,  each order is set  default at UPS Ground, at-least mostly.

As advised in 6.3 and 7.7a section of manual, we have added USPS Priority, USPS First Class in shipping method and Map it with coresponding ship class. However as each order is set at UPS Ground, XML class does not recognize it whenever we export it to Dazzle, and thus causes the problem.

All we need to do is: Double click to open the order we want to ship via Dazzle. And set its shipping method (right below Customer Shipping information window) to correct USPS method such as USPS priority or First Class. Save and close the order. And then export it to Dazzle. It works.

I guess if you can add one more line at 11.3 b in the manual that "one makes sure to set individual order's shipping method to USPS methods which he /she designated earlier at View>Store Setting>Custom Field> shipping methods before exporting it". It will save alot of time for those who use UPS method as defult.

Thanks David for all your help. I am happy with this software, and it urges me work faster to learn more about it every day.  :-)

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

Great!  So glad you got it working and that you are happy with it.  Please let us know if there are any features that could allow you to work even faster.  We are here to make your life easier.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

I guess there is last issue left with Dazzle for me. Whenever I tried to print out label, postage log in dazzel, showed that label was printed out with 1 Ib weight. No matter if I chage weight in SM, as well as dazzel, result is same: all labels are printed out with 1 Ibs for priority mail.

Any help?

Thanks & Regards,

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

What do you have selected as your weight units?  This is found under "View" | "Store Settings..." | "Order Processing Automation"

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Mike Griggs

Hey Ahsan,
Were you successful with the weights?

Also, I have a tip for you about exporting to Dazzle.  There is no need to change the  shipping method from UPS Ground to First Class or Priority. 

All you have to do is "Map" your "UPS Ground" to the "Dazzle XML" class of "First Class Mail".  Once you do that then all you have to do is enter the weight for the order and then send it to Dazzle for printing.  If the weight is over 13 oz then it will automatically change it to Priority mail.  You may have some cases where the weight is under 13 oz but you still want to send it Priority.  In those cases you can open the order and select "USPS Priority Shipping Method"

Does that make sense? 

To summarize, all you need to do is "Map" UPS Ground to Dazzle XML First Class and then export without change shipping methods.  (Mapping to Dazzle XML will not affect your UPS mapping.  You can create a Map for each shipping method to each carrier)

Thanks!
Mike