Problem with invoice numbers

Started by Roper, May 20, 2008, 06:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roper

I have a problem with invoice numbers between Supermanager and Quickbooks Enterprise 8.  I have no problem importing orders, but Supermanager uses the Yahoo Order no. for the Invoice number in Quickbooks.  Then, when we enter call-in orders in Quickbooks that do not come from our Yahoo Store and invoice them, I have a problem with duplicate invoice numbers that occurs when I do a new xml import from our Yahoo Store.  Supermanager wants to use the Yahoo order no., but it is already taken from a call in order invoice.  Quickbooks allows you to duplicate the invoice number and you can import anyway.  But, the real problem comes next:  Quickbooks apparently gets confused at times, and resets the invoice number to 1.  Then, everyone in our organization that invoices is confused--What number to start over with now? Where are we in the sequence of invoice numbers?

Is there a solution to this?  Or a workaround?

Roper

David Johns

There are two solutions to get around this problem:

• Use SuperManager to enter your manual orders and then export them to QuickBooks.  SuperManager will then  an order id that you can set to stay clear of your Yahoo orders and can have a suffix after them to identify them as manual orders
  • Turn off the option that makes SuperManager use the Yahoo order id as the QuickBooks transaction id.  When you use SuperManager without this setting enabled it allows QuickBooks to choose the next invoice/receipt number based on the current sequence that it characterizes.  This setting is in "View" | "Program Settings" on the "XML Exchange Formats" tab.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com