Countries Not Being Recognized by Dazzle : Fixed - version 1.2.8.3

Started by EricCech, May 23, 2008, 12:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricCech

This COULD be Dazzle - Both SM and Dazzle recently went through updates. Dazzle does not recognize any country other than US properly; tested on two computers. All international shipping methods respond the same way. Any way to confirm which program is having the trouble? The xml file does have these lines: <MailClass>INTLFIRST</MailClass>
  <PackageType>RECTPARCEL</PackageType> and
<ToCountry>Korea, Republic of</ToCountry>

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

I have checked the specifications for the Dazzle XML and it seems SuperManager is correctly populating the XML with respect to the MailClass and PackageType.  Does this same problem occur for other countries?  "Korea, Republic of" may be what is causing the problem.  This would be something we would need to fix in SuperManager, but could you varify whether it is working for other countries, France for example?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricCech

Endicia said the country needs to be in CAPS. It must have changed with the upgrade. If I edit the xml file, it's accepted (tried with Canada, and CANADA), but I don't seem to be able to make the country all caps in SM.

Also, apparently Korea, Republic of should be SOUTH KOREA.

Thanks,
Eric

Mike Griggs

Hello Eric,
What version of Dazzle do you have?  help->about
Can you check for me and let me know?
Thanks!
Mike

Mike Griggs

Hello Eric,
Are you using the Direct Print or Print with Prompts xml exchange to Dazzle?

When I use "Print with Prompts" i don't receive an error on all countries.  I do receive an error with Republic of Korea.

I didn't have problems with Canada or other countries.  Were there any other countries that were causing you problems?

We will take a look at this and make sure we are exporting Republic of Korea correctly.

Thanks!
Mike

EricCech

Thanks for the help, Mike. I don't know what to say - it works sometimes and not others. If I just shipped internationally, the next one works. If I just shipped domestically, then follow with an international shipment, it doesn't work (Dazzle doesn't recognize the country). Direct Print actually works, but I'd prefer to use Print with Prompts.

There are settings in dazzle to change the address to caps and verify - it appears this happens with Direct Print, but not before the error is displayed using Print with Prompts (the address doesn't appear in the label design window, though the international shipping label does).

As before, the folks at Endicia indicated that the country needs to be in caps, and it seems Dazzle can and will change it to caps, but on it's own time. Let me know if you think of something - I'm going to send Endicia another email too.

Cheers,
Eric

Mike Griggs

Hello Eric,
We will review the Endicia XML spec and will change accordingly to all caps for the countries.

However, i'm not sure this will fix the problem that you are having with printing international labels.  I believe there is another issue here.

Exactly which layouts do you use in Endicia?
Do you use the same layout for international and domestic?

Also, when you are having problems with importing international shipments what is the error that Endicia gives?

Thanks!
Mike

EricCech

The DAZzle Designer error box states "For International Mail, the address must contain a recognizable country (in the last line of the address) for printing of PC Postage to be allowed."

Using Zebra/Eltron Small International Shipping Label for International First Class and International Priority Flat Rate Envelopes. Same error when using Large International Shipping Label for Priority International. We use a standard 4x6 label for domestic priority mail.

When the xml file is read, the label is changed to the correct one, but the previous address remains as the international address is rejected. I just reinstalled DAZzle, with the same result. All I can think of is I have some setting in SM not right, though this seems remote as the right shipping class seems to be being exported.

The computer is set up and live on Logmein if you have any interest.

Cheers and Thanks,
Eric

Mike Griggs

Hey Eric,
Just another quick question..

Are you selecting multiple orders with domestic and international at the same time to Dazzle?

Thanks!
Mike

EricCech

We send international over seperately to avoid errors.

No response from Endicia, btw, and re-installed their software entirely - using the 'out of the box' label formats without success.

Thanks,
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

We put a new version 1.2.8.3 out today that capitolizes countries and exports South Korea as Dazzle wants it.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com