Importing old orders - can't stop it

Started by Brian, September 15, 2008, 02:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

I am trying to setup supermanager, but everytime i open it, it connects to yahoo and tries to download my entire history of orders going back many years.  After an hour or so, it locks up and crashes.

I can't get this to stop - it restarts from the begining every time I re-open the program.

Please help

Brian

David Johns

Brian,

The first time you log into SuperManager and don't have any orders in your file, when you click "Get New Orders..." SuperManager will ask you which orders to download.  If I'm not mistaken you tried SuperManager once before a couple of years ago.  Could it be that you are using the smg file you setup then and SuperManager is not trying to grab all the orders that have transpired since then?

Either way, if you want to get only certain orders, instead of choosing "Get New Orders" select the menu "Actions" and then "Get Orders...".  This will bring up a window that allows you to choose a first and last order to download.  You can use the keywords "first" and "last" to indicate the first and last orders available or indicate an actual number to start and end at.  For example, maybe you say to download from "45000" to "last", which will have it download all the orders after 45000.

Let me know how this works out!

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com