"rejected" addresses from Dazzle/Endicia

Started by ttandot, October 06, 2008, 05:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttandot

So SuperManager seems to be working great and everything is configured to run smoothly from Super Manager to Endicia. However, sometimes an address comes up as "rejected" and then once it's sent to Dazzle, it prints out without a true lable (only a return and "to" address is there, no formatting, no barcode, etc.), and no shipping charges are made. Any way to either bypass this verification system or to prevent this from happening? Thanks!

Mike Griggs

Hello,
This is an indication that something is wrong with the shipment or address.

You can verify addresses before you send them to UPS and Dazzle by selecting the orders in the list, then right click "Shipments->Verify Addresses".

This will verify the address and correct it before sending so that you won't receive the rejected message.

Thanks!
Mike

ttandot

Unfortunately that doesn't work. Even after the address is verified on Super Manager, if it's destined to not work on Endicia, verifying the address on Super Manager doesn't seem to help.

Is there anything else I can do about this? It really slows things down.

Thanks!

Mike Griggs

Hello,
If you receive one like that then the next step would be to copy the address from the SuperManager into Dazzle/Endicia and run the address verification there.  If you are unable to get an exact match then you may need to request a more accurate address from the customer.

Thanks!
Mike

ttandot

Hi Mike,

Actually we are in fact able to cut and paste the address directly into Endicia and it works just fine without any modifications needed. So what would I ask my customer for in terms of a more accurate address? Thanks.

Mike Griggs

Hello,
If you are able to copy that particular address into Dazzle and print postage then you should be fine.

In some cases that may not be enough and if Dazzle can't verify the address then you might want to email the customer to confirm the address they provided to you.

It sounds like all is well though.

In the future, if you receive the "rejected" from Dazzle then simply copy the address and paste it into Dazzle and see how Dazzle verifies and corrects the address. 

Thanks!
Mike

ttandot

I hate to bring this up again but now ALL addresses seem to be rejected by Endicia. Any glitches I should know about? I'm having to manually copy and paste from SuperManager into Dazzle to get them to print. Not sure what to do. Thanks.

David Johns

We have not had any other reports of problems recently.  Has anything changed on your computer lately, like installing a Dazzle update or something?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ttandot

Actually no there haven't been any changes to the computer or to Endicia/Dazzle that we have noticed. We're receiving the error message: "The Intelligent Mail Barcode with confirm does not fit on your mailpiece. Please move your address to a new location. There must be a least a 1/8 inch margin on each side of the barcode." Then the address is properly inserted into Dazzle; however, the address is rejected and there is no formatting for a Priority Mail Click-n-Ship label. It's just a "to" and "From" format with no proper formatting and we're therefore unable to print labels. I've attached a screenshot (with addresses modified). Can you please help? Thanks!

David Johns

ttanot,

Do you have all your shipping methods mapped in your store settings?  In SuperManager go to "View" | "Store Settings..." and select the "Custom Fields" tab.  Select the "Shipping Methods" subtab and make sure all your shipping methods are mapped to a dazzle/usps service.  See the user's manual section 7.7.a for more details:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/sm_usersmanual.pdf#page=38
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ttandot

I don't know how those settings changed but I think you're right -- thank you. It seems to be working now that I've changed the various shipping options correctly. However, previously we were able to use priority mail for packages 1+ lbs. But if we entered a fraction of a pound (e.g., 0.3lbs), it would automatically convert it into 1st class mail into Dazzle. Now that I've "remapped" the shipping options, even a fraction of a lb rounds up to 1lb in priority mail. How can I get the system to recognize 1st class mail again? Thanks!

David Johns

ttandot,

It actually works the opposite of what you are remembering...if you map a method to first and the weight is greater than on pound, it switches it to priority for you.  So if this is what you want, you should remap to first class.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com