Custom Reports Available?

Started by ColleenS, January 13, 2009, 10:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColleenS

I have been using Supermanager for over a year and a half now, and while I LOVE the functionality and options the program has for running the daily tasks in my business, I am kind of left short when it comes to the type of reports that can be generated, and that would help me manage my business better.  When I try to create my own reports, I have to admit, I'm kind of in the dark with using the variables and they never seem to display the information like I want it to.

Is there anyone that creates custom reports for the Supermanager?  I'm specifically looking for sales reports (daily, monthly, annual) and also a report that would list sales within a specified period that are over a certain dollar amount (for example - list orders that are over $100 for the past week), as well as other ad-hoc reports that might be needed in the future.   

I am not sure if other users would feel like sharing the reports they use in their business or if there are people (either within Supermanager or 3rd parties) that create reports for a fee, but please feel free to respond with any info you can share.  Thank you so much!

David Johns

Colleen,

In version 1.2.0.0 we introduced the financial summary report template.  It is installed by default in the C:\Program Files\SuperManager directory where SuperManager is installed.  For new databases made with this version and later SuperManager automatically adds it to the report template list.  You probably initially installed a version before this and therefore will need to add it yourself.  To do so:
1. Select "View" | "Store Settings..."
2. Select the "Reports" tab and click "Add"
3. Enter a name for the new report.
4. Click the "Browse" button and select C:\Program Files\SuperManager\Financial Summary.html
5. Set the report type to "Summary"

To use the report:
1. Select the "Superfilter" tab on the order list
2. Filter the orders by date to list just the date range you want
3. Press ctrl-A to select all the orders on the list
4. Right click on one of the selected orders and choose "Print Report" and choose the report template you just created.

Currently you cannot filter by order amount, but I will add that to our to-do list.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ColleenS

Hi David,

Thanks for your fast reply  :-)   I was able to pull the Financial Summary and it worked perfectly, thank you!!

P.S. - The filter by order total would be very useful for us, thanks for considering it! :-) 

ColleenS

Actually I just figured out a workaround to display by order total like I wanted... don't know why I didn't realize this before :-)

I used the Superfilter to display by date, then sorted the results by TOTAL, then selected the orders over $100.     :-D

Thanks again for your help!

David Johns

SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com