System Crash - HELP!

Started by youcancallmeal, February 06, 2009, 09:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youcancallmeal

Hey guys,

Well, it's finally happened. We had a crash and, wouldn't you know it, right in the middle of backing up SM. So now both original and backup files are screwed up.

So here's the question:  how do I import into SM the missing billing batch information?

As far as shipments go, though we weren't using UPS Worldship yet, we're going to try and set it up so we can import from UPS all of the missing shipments data. Same for Dazzle and Fedex.

But, first, the billing... please!!??
Thanks, as always.
--
Mike

David Johns

Mike,

Certainly we'll give you a hand.  I wanted to clarify first, however - did Windows/your computer crash or did SuperManager crash?

I am not aware of anyway that SuperManager would overwrite the backup file if the database was not properly saved.  We put some additional protection devices into SuperManager in recent releases to make that even less likely.  If you try to overwrite a backup file that is much larger than the current file you are saving, for example, SuperManager will make a copy of your backup file before overwriting it.  It will also make a copy of your backup file whenever the database is updated to a new format, which happens quite often with new releases.  Do you have any such automatic backups in the folder where you keep your SuperManager file?

As for trying to pull your information back together - what do you have?  Do you have any backup files from past months/years?  If so, you can open them and export the batches in XML format, then import them into the new file you are creating - or for that matter use them as a starting point for the new database.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com