Unable to read Orders.xml error

Started by chettid, May 25, 2006, 07:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chettid

Hi,

I just installed the new version, and when I try to download new orders, SM finds the new order on Yahoo, says it's downloading it, but then stops and gives this error:

"Unable to read orders.xml file"

And, I don't seem to have an orders.xml file in the folder . . .

:? What do you think? 

chris

David Johns

Chris,

Sorry that it is giving you problems.  Just after receiving this error press the key combination ctrl-shift-e.  This will bring up a browser window that The SuperManager is using in the background to communicate with your Yahoo! Store manager.  Does this browser have an xml file of the order displayed in it?  If so try to do "File" | "Save As..." in the browser window and save it to your desktop.  Then try to import it to The SuperManager using "File" | "Import" | "Yahoo!" | "Orders XML".  Are you able to see it, save it and import it?

Generally these types of issues are caused by popup blockers, firewalls and anti-virus packages.  Using this proceedure we should get a pretty good idea where the problem occurs and if this could be the cause of it.

Once you are done with this browser press ctrl-shift-e again.  If you don't you will have to restart The SuperManager before interacting with your Yahoo! Store again.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

chettid

Thanks David.

I followed those steps, and the one new order was there in XML, and I saved it and uploaded it into SM without any problems.

I do use a pop-blocker and I do have a firewall program, although normally it alerts me before blocking something.

What should I do to fix the problem?

thanks again!

chris

David Johns

Chris,

Make sure The SuperManager is added to the programs your firewall allows to access the internet as described here: http://thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=36.0.  Please report back as to whether that helps.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Just a thought here ... I had that problem when Norton was corrupting the downloads; and a similar problem when the Internet connection was being flaky.

Maybe see if the xml file is getting corrupt?

Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

chettid

I checked my firewall, and it's already set to allow SuperManager.

I'm not sure how to check for corruption, or what to do about that.  My firewall software is Sygate.

Any advice?

TIA

chettid

I forgot to comment on the internet connection issue.  As far as I can tell, I'm not having any trouble with that today.  Everything else is working and uploading/downloading fine.

It seems to be related somehow to my downloading the new version of SM, since it was working right before that.

Chris

David Johns

Chris,

Why don't we try closing down the firewall temporarily and see if SuperManager can grab the xml file correctly then.  If so I would recommend removing SuperManager from the list, closing down the settings to the firewall, then bringing them back up and allowing SuperManager again.  It may have a detection device to check the version of the executable.  I hope that helps.  Please keep reporting back.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

chettid

Unfortunately, that didn't work either.  The same error appears when SM tries to download.

I wonder what it could be . . . ?

chettid

Btw, I also checked the firewall's log, and it's not showing anything as being blocked today.

chettid

OK, I just tried to send tracking info for the first time, and that also brings up an error "Unable to send tracking info to Yahoo"

Is there some setting that could have gotten wiped?  It's getting into the Yahoo store, but not able to exchange info with it, I guess.

chettid

One more error message to report:  If I try to "charge" an order, this error comes up:

Navigate Returned (error 1030)

Does that help?

David Johns

Chris,

I just want to make sure I understand.  You disabled the firewall and popup blocker, then re-ran The SuperManager and tried to do something and it still didn't work?  Please try to temporarily disable every security software, then bring up SuperManager and try to download orders.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

chettid

OH MY GOD.  Ok . . . this is embarrassing . . .

I tried the highly-technical procedure of rebooting, that triggered the firewall to re-examine the new version and I was able to re-set it to the white list.  (Everything seems to be working now.)

(hiding under desk)

:(

So, tip #1 - reboot after installing new software! (doh!)

David Johns

Chris,

So glad you were able to resolve the issue.  We will recommend that first if such an issue arrives in the future.

BTW - Can you do us a favor and send us screenshots and a quick step by step of how to set up your firewall so we can add Sygate to the list on this post: http://thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=36.0

Thanks!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com