Shipping Weight for Priority Mail/Parcel Post in OZ?

Started by Weyman, February 25, 2009, 01:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weyman

I've been using the "Enter Shipping Weight" function to ship our orders. After I key in all the weights, I right click all the selected orders and do an XML exchange.

We ship with First Class, Parcel Post, Priority Mail, and UPS.

In the beginning, I would key in the weights for First Class in ounces, and then the weights for all other methods in pounds. The labels printed with no problem. However, I tried to speed up the process by keying in all dazzle shipments at the same time and now Parcel Post and Priority Mail always reads the weights in ounces even when I'm only processing Parcel Post or Priority Mail.

Is there a setting somewhere either in SM or in Dazzle to change this? I have not found anything yet and have been stuck keying in everything in ounces. The weight in pounds still works for UPS.

Thanks.

David Johns

What is the weight unit you have set in your store settings?  Its under "View" | "Store Settings..." on the "Order Processing Automation" tab.  Once you define a default weight unit you can enter weight in the default unit by entering a number.  If you want to enter it in another unit you can enter lbs for pounds, oz for ounces, etc... and SuperManager will convert it for you.  SuperManager will also interface with Dazzle in ounces, which it requires and UPS in lbs, which it requires.

My guess is that currently you don't have a weight unit defined, in which case it will just export a number to each dazzle and UPS.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com