Turning Off Order Charging Prompts?

Started by EricCech, March 03, 2009, 09:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricCech

Hi,

Is it possible to turn off order charging prompts? Particularly: "A Pre-Authorization is recommended before charging this amount. Would you like to pre-authorize now?" and "Execute this charge without authorization?" I would particularly like this turned off when charging a list of orders from the Open order tab.

Cheers and Thanks!
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

Do you have your yahoo store set up to automatically authorize orders?  If you do, this should not occur.  To set this go to "Payment Center" from your Yahoo Store manager.  The following option should be set to yes as shown:
QuoteReal-time authorization - authorize before confirming order: Yes

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricCech

Yes, but only over certain amounts. As we're charging many orders a day, we're aware of what our procedure is, what we want to authorize, etc. The clicking through 'do you want an authorization' is a time killer ~ particularly that we have to click twice that we don't want to do it (unless, really, I'm missing something ~ is there some overwhelmingly positive reason to authorize charges?)

Getting the charging to happen fully automated would be especially helpful. I would like to set SM to not ask for authorizations and not ask for cvvs, please.

Thanks!
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

It is our feeling that it is best to get an authorization first and that is why SuperManager is designed to remind the user of that.

As for the CVVs - SuperManager only asks for it if it is there on the manual transaction page.  If you don't wish to use CVVs you can disable them by turning them off in your Yahoo store manager:
1. Click on "Payment Center"
2. Click on the "Risk Tools" button
3. Click on the "Settings" link
4. Uncheck the "Yes, enable Risk Tools" checkmark
5. Click "Update"
6. Return the the store manager main screen and publish your settings
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricCech

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. It seems we're not using CVVs anyway unless a customer is charged immediately upon purchase (through the site, I mean). Is that correct?

And, since we're really not wanting to authorize below a certain dollar figure, there is always this series of clicks to go through. It seems it would be more helpful to allow the store owner to choose whether or not to be prompted, particularly prompted twice (I've always thought it odd that one can only once in a while turn of the series of prompts on things -- 'do you want to...?' - no - 'are you sure...?'  It's just slowing order processing down.

Thanks for your help!
Eric

EricCech

Hi Gentlemen,

This is now urgent. I have to turn off the authorizations happening on Yahoo's end, and we're getting so many customers asking us why they have two 'pending charges' on their online statements. So now I have to return to responding to 'are you sure you want to process this without an authorization' for every single charge. PLEASE can you help me turn off this prompting? It was not happening a few versions back...We just want to be able to charge all the open orders at once, with one click. Thanks for your help!

Eric

EricCech

We just lost a customer whom was really bummed about the way an authorization on the initial order placement locked up the money of their Debit Card Visa, as did the charge itself. Both appear as 'pending charges' at least to debit card users. The only reason we started authorizing orders was to stop having to click so many times when charging multiple orders on the open tab. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

EricCech

Fixed it!!! Sorry for the confusion ~ we simply turned it all off on the backend and have no prompts now. Works for us.

Cheers,
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

Glad you got it working.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com