Taxable/Nontaxable QB import question : Fixed - Beta 1.1.2.2

Started by eyebug, May 30, 2006, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyebug

When exporting my ystore orders to QB2005 through SuperManager Lite, the QB sales receipts are defaulting all customers/orders to Taxable. 90% of my orders are actually from non-taxable out-of-state customers, so I'm having to reset the "Customer is Taxable" indicator for the vast majority of the orders. Is there something I can set to import them as NON-taxable, so I then have to manually reset only my relatively few in-state taxable orders?

David Johns

eyebug,

Currently The SuperManager sets all customers to taxable as you explained and then uses a tax rate of 0%.  The real sales tax is added using a line item.  Unfortunately there is not a way to turn this off.  We will explore the options there and consider making an adjustment in an upcoming release that could give the user control over this.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

As a side note; even though the customer is set as taxable your Sales Tax Liability report will be correct.  Since the tax is reported as a line item instead of at the bottom of the Sales Receipt, it actually provides better reports and more flexibility in QuickBooks.

Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

eyebug, Rox,

Would a good solution be to have SuperManager set customers whose order tax total is zero to non-taxable and those with tax to taxable or is it best to leave as is?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

By default they could all be set to non-taxable, since that is the majority for eCommerce clients. 

Then either what you have suggested or a parameter to specifiy by State which ones should be marked taxable... or any with an amount in the tax line set to taxable.  I think it's best to have the default as non-taxable though.

Rox :-)

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

As of the 1.1.2.2 beta it will check the order for whether tax was collected.  If so it will set the customer to taxable.  Otherwise it will default to non-taxable.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com