fedex integration setup

Started by grr, April 22, 2009, 12:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grr

Hey guys.

First of all, I just followed your steps to avoid orders being downloaded as residential.  Worked as a charm.  Thank you.

We've been using ups worldship & the integration with Supermanager is great.  In addition to using UPS, we are now starting to also use Fedex.

With Fedex, I have two accounts (two different "ship from addresses")

I now need to integrate supermanager with both fedex accounts

I started following your directions from the User Manual.

I got stuck at 11.5.a.1 at step #6, browse for file.  I cannot find a "smtofedex.txt" file in my C:\Program Files\Fedex\

Do I need to first create this file & how?

Thank you
Goldie

grr

Hey guys.

Love the forum.  It's always a big help.  But lately as the forum is getting bigger, I seem to be missing information which was already asked by others.  I just spent hours trying to set up the fedex integration & got stuck at the smtofedex.txt file.

I been checking almost every post in the forum.

I just now found the previous post "FedEx Integration..... smtofedex.txt ?"

I will try the instructions listed in that post but boy would i have been happy to find the instructions 2 hours ago.

Goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

Glad you found what you were looking for.  There actually is a search feature on the forum.  There is a magnifying glass in the top right of the window and then another link that says "SEARCH" in the tabs that are in the header above.  Are they showing up for you?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

yeah sorry never noticed that search magnifying glass.  my bad.

I seem to be running into another issue with fedex.  The information is not mapping/transferring correctly.  I emailed you the two files.  The text file is missing "recipientcompany name" .  The shipping info gets transferred iinto fedex & it is off by a line. 

Also the weight, package type, & service, is not transferring at all.

You know, i love the UPS xml integration.  It is so simple & clean.  Very little steps.  can  fedex have xml too?

Thank you
Goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

We'll get back to you about the fedex mapping.  Unfortunately Ship Manager does not support the same slick interface that UPS and Dazzle do.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Dear David:

Thank you.

I'm not a programmer so i can't pretend to know much about this, but the fedex technician did say they have xml integration available.  I do have cell phone numbers if you'd like them.

Goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

XML does offer web-based xml solutions, but does not offer xml interchange with Ship Manager.  The web-based solutions would require us to develop essentially all the capabilities of Ship Manager into SuperManager.  Unfortunately that's not really an option for us at this time.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

oh well. :-( That's life.

Ok I'll wait for the Fedex mapping.

Thank you
Goldie