Printing error

Started by pandorasales, June 16, 2009, 04:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandorasales

Hello,
I am receiving the following error when printing to dazzle.

Unable to load XML file. Invalid xml declaration.  Then prints some old shipping label.  This will happen with every store we have.  It is always the same label.

I am trying to print another shipping label from an order that has already shipped.  We sometime ship orders in two parts.  This is usually not a problem until today we receive this error.

Any ideas?

David Johns

Is SuperManager giving this error or dazzle?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

pandorasales

David Johns

When you do an XML exchange the first thing SuperManager does is check if there is an existing import from dazzle that needs to be imported to SuperManager.  My guess is that there is a corrupt import from dazzle out there that SuperManager has a problem with that is throwing things off.  Try the following steps:

1. Go to "Start" | "Run" in windows, type in "%temp%\SuperManager" (without quotes that is) and press ok.
2. Check if there is a file called "dazzle-sm.xml".  If there is, you could email it to me at info@thesupermanager.com and I can check it out to see what is going wrong with that file.
3. Rename that file to dazzle-sm-corrupt.xml
4. Try to xml exchange again in SuperManager and see if it now works.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

pandorasales

renaming the file did the trick. Thank you.

David Johns

Dazzle somehow printed the first line of the file twice.  I'm not sure how they are creating xml files, but they spit out some crazy stuff like this every once in a while.  I have forwarded the issue to them to comment and hopefully fix the problem.

thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

pandorasales

I am receiving this same error again.

David Johns

Sorry, but this error seems to be caused by Dazzle incorrectly writing the XML response file.  SuperManager doesn't write the file that is causing the problem.  I would encourage you to reiterate the issue I already sent to Dazzle support so they put a priority on fixing it.  Unfornately they didn't respond yet to my bug report.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com