Can't XML Exchange to QuickBooks if Items on Orders Do Not Exist

Started by marcflood, August 03, 2009, 10:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcflood

I recently installed SuperManager Lite and I am working to get all of my accounts configured correctly. I already had all of my products in QuickBooks. I did a test XML transfer from SML to QuickBooks (after doing a backup). The error log showed that a few of my orders with the error "Unable to find variant 'item-code' for product code 'item-code' in product list." and therefore did not transfer any orders with these items. I did change a few of my product codes in Yahoo Store a few months back so I am sure this is the cause of the problem. What is the best way to have QuickBooks accept these orders from SuperManager Lite? Should I add new items in QuickBooks that include the old item codes so that I can receive the orders then make the items with older product codes inactive in QuickBooks or is there  a better way?

David Johns

Marc,

This really is a personal preference or perhaps something you should talk to your accountant about.  If it really is just that you changed the item codes, but the product itself is exactly the same I would think you would want to change the name of the product, export the orders and then change it back.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Just a quick note on this that I run into every so often...not related to new items/variants, UNLESS you change the QB's account name, you must also make that change in the accounting settings in SuperManager.

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com