Tax Settings ? Do these look correct?

Started by marcflood, August 04, 2009, 02:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcflood

I am setting up SuperManager Lite and QuickBooks to properly transfer data. I am close to getting it working but I think I might have some problems with the various tax settings. Using the manual and forum posts as a guide, I configured the various tax settings in SML and QuickBooks as follows.

Store Settings> Tax Rates> Name: Texas Sales Tax (with rates for products set at 8.25% and Shipping 0%)
Store Settings> Accounting Export> Taxable Sales Account/Item: ?Merchandise Sales : Taxable Sales?
Store Settings> Accounting Export> Non-Taxable Sales Account/Item: ?Merchandise Sales : Nontaxable Sales?
Then, in QuickBooks I created Merchandise Sales (income account) with two subaccounts ? ?Nontaxable Sales? and ?Taxable Sales?.  After importing the orders they all get put into the top account ?Merchandise Sales?.  Is separating sales into two sales accounts by tax the typical way to do this and if so why are my transactions only going into the parent account? Or is my problem that I was supposed to ALSO create ?Nontaxable Sales? and ?Taxable Sales? ITEMS?

Store Settings> Tax Rates> Tax Item: ?Texas Sales Tax?
Then, in QuickBooks I created a Sales Tax Payable item named ?Texas Sales Tax? and  it 0.00%
Tax Reference Item: ?Yahoo Calculated?
Then, in QuickBooks I created a Sales Tax Payable item named ?Yahoo Calculated? and  it 0.00%

Taxable Tax Code: Tax
Then, in QuickBooks I went to Preferences> Sales Tax and set the Taxable item code as ?Tax?
Non-taxable Tax Code: Non
Then, in QuickBooks I went to Preferences> Sales Tax and set the Taxable item code as ?Non?

David Johns

Marc,

Everything looks good.

The reason the sales are showing up under the parent Merchandise Sales account is because your already existing items in QuickBooks must use that account.  SuperManager uses these account names for making new items.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com