Cannot export to Excel as of 8/25...

Started by mbcarr1975, August 29, 2009, 10:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

All of a sudden on August 25 my SM orders cannot be exported through XML to Quickbooks. I get the following message on all of the orders...

Unable to add customer 'Denise XXXXXXXX' - Unknown error while adding customer to QuickBooks. :?

We have done nothing differently...not power outages...no computer crashes...no program "re-starts". Any thoughts on how to correct this?
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

This may not be the problem, or at least not the only one, but according to our version tracker you have a very old beta version installed.  Please try upgrading and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

When I click on the "check for updates" link under the Help menu I get the following error message

"Unable to load update response. Only one top element is allowed in an XML doument"
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michelle,

We had some server issues that I have fixed.  Please give it another try.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

I tried again when I came into the offfice this morning. I still get the same error message.

"Unable to load update response. Only one top element is allowed in an XML doument"
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

It seems there must be an intermittent problem with the server.  It is working for me now.  Please try it periodically and let me know after trying it a few times throughout the day if it ever works for you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

I was able to download BETA version 1.3.5.2.  It did not solve the probelm. I am still unable to export orders to Quickbooks.

Something happened in the program several months ago where the exports started coming over as individual customers again instead of the daily batches that Rox Brown has set up for us. I don't know what caused the change. I had e-mailed Rox at the time and did not recieve a reply and I have just been too busy to follow up on it since it was not that big a deal.

This is a bigger issue though...not being able to export info at all...
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

qbsrox

Michele,

I sent the settings to you for the customer batches a while back, I'll resend it so you have it handy once they get you fixed and able to export the orders again.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

I would recommend sending it now because the two issues could be related.  I'm guessing that changing the customer name back to what you had it as before may fix the problem.  Rox, what is the customer name you were using before?  Michelle, what is it set to now?  This setting is under "View" | "Program Settings" on the "XML Exchange Tab".  With "QuickBooks" selected from the exchange formats list it is called "Customer name for Orders"

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Michele,

I resent it .... there is a screenshot in the email, if you do not receive it please let me know.

David/Mike - why would the setting change on its own?
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

qbsrox

I had her set up to use the date as the customer name so the customer list stays manageable.

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

qbsrox

Michele,

With QB's open, press F2 and see how many customer names are listed ... just to make sure QB's is not causing the issue.
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Its certainly not normal for this setting to change.  About the only way I can think this type of thing could happen is if the computer or SuperManager crashed right as you were exiting, which could corrupt the settings file.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Rox hit it on the head. I have reached my item max with 14,500 maximum items. I have 13,787 customers...
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

qbsrox

Yikes!  You can upgrade to the Enterprise version of QB's ...if you decide to do that though, let me know .... I have a rep that can save you some money.

Otherwise you need to start a new file, or start merging customers.  You can delete anything that does not have transactional history.
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com