Disable the pop-up window when getting new orders : Fixed - version 1.3.6.2

Started by mbcarr1975, November 07, 2009, 08:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

We have now enabled automatic printing of the Yahoo Order report when a new order is downloaded from Yahoo into SM. This works great with one caveat...

We have 3 stores that we get orders from. I tried to automate the download process so that SM checks for new orders every 5 minutes...and then the Yahoo order prints out.

Unfortunately the process stops between each store down load with a pop-up window that says "you have xx new order". You have to "accept" the window before it goes on to the next store.

Last evening SM got "stuck" on waiting for us to click on "Next/Enter" on one of the stores. Unfortunately, it kept checking for updates in the background through the night. The result was a continuous loops of logging into Yahoo to check for new orders that could not be cancelled without completely shutting down SM and breaking the connection to Yahoo.

How can I disable that pop-up window so this does not happen again?
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

mbcarr1975

Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

mbcarr,

This was a bug.  We have fixed it in the beta version being released today, 1.3.6.2.  In this new version it will only show the popup for the last store for which it checks orders.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Can you disable it altogether? Having it show up at all is a problem if you have the system checkjfor new orders automatically.

The system keeps checking but cannot finish the process until you click OK. Not good overnight...
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

Have you tried the new version?  Actually SuperManager only shows the popup the first time, but it will continue to check on the set download interval even though the popup is up. -- At least that is what it is supposed to do.  Please try it out and let me know if it is not.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Yes, I have installed and tried the new version. The system cycles through the first 2 stores and automatically prints out the Yahoo order report, but after the 3rd store the window comes up and you have to "accept" it in order for the orders to print out.

What then happens is that SM keeps looking for new orders every 5 minutes as it is programmed to do...but since the popup window is open, the orders cannot print out and a massive loops builds up in the back ground.

We need to have the popup window diappear completely so it does not interrupt the automated processes overnight.
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

I left SuperManager running and it continued to print new orders dispite the fact that the popup message was up.  One thing came to mind - are you using SuperManager with Windows Vista or Windows 7?  If so, have you disabled protected mode?  You will have to in order for SuperManager to print reports properly.  Perhaps that could be causing it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

I'm sorry - I just at a loss on this one.  For that reason can I just confirm to make sure we are 100% on the same page?

1. You have version 1.3.6.2 installed.  (Now let me interject - unfortunately when you go to "Help" | "About The SuperManager..." it gives you the version you have installed.  Unfortunately, however, we failed to increment that on version 1.3.6.2 so it reports 1.3.6.1.  To make sure, please update to 1.3.6.3 and try it again.)
2. You have a report checked in your store settings for "Auto Print for New Orders".
3. You let SuperManager download your orders automatically every few minutes.
4. The first time it downloads orders it pops up "You have # New orders" and prints the report for those orders.
5. If you leave the message box up, it will continue to download the new orders, but will not print the report for them.
6. Once you clear the message box, it begins the print the new orders one by one until all orders downloaded while the message box was up are printed.

Is this all completely accurate?  Sorry to make you repeat some of the information you have already given, but I have looked through the code and can't find a vulnerability for causing this.  Additionally, I tested it and it seems to be working completely properly.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Yes, that is accurate. The pop-up window now shows up some times, but not always.  Now we seem to have a different problem...  Although the program is set to print out the "Yahoo Order" report as new orders are downloaded into SM, not all of them are printing. I can't seem to find a pattern...and the
missing" orders are from all three stores, so I am n ot sure what is going on.

We are having to check every single order now and manually force a print on some of them...
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

Any news on this problem?  Another idea came to mind - what anti-virus and other security related software do you have installed.  The problem you are experiencing is unique amoung our user base, so there has to be something different about your computer that is not common with other customers.  Most recently I'm thinking it could likely be antivirus software that is preventing SuperManager for operating normally.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com