Batch Import to QB and Sale Tax error problem

Started by ajentp, February 03, 2010, 03:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

I am first time trying to use batch import function of SM. However I am getting error that"

Taxable Sales item does not exist and an attempt to add it failed. Error adding item 'Sales':

Any Help?

Thanks

David Johns

Is that the exact error?  If so, it looks like the error message is not printing correctly. It seems the issue has to do with what you have set for your Taxable Sales item.  Note that the setting in your store settings on the "Accounting Export" tab called "Taxable Sales Account/Item" is an account name when exporting orders, but an item name when exporting batches.  Please make sure the setting you have in there is appropriate for an item name.  It is obvious that what you have does not exist as an item and SuperManager is trying to create it for you.  You could either check the name and make sure it is a reasonable item name or create the item yourself and give SuperManager the name of it.

Important: Before using this export, please update to the latest version of SuperManager as where were issues with the old version in this export.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

I am using version: 1.3.0.0 . So I did change the field to an item name. It started exporting but then gave me the following message: What's the deal now? Thanks

Exported 0 sales receipts and 0 credit memos to QuickBooks.
Batch 01841: Unable to recognize payment method for entry '18289' based on its card number 'E'
Batch 01841: Unable to recognize payment method for entry '18297' based on its card number 'E'
Batch 01841: Unable to recognize payment method for entry '18309' based on its card number 'E'
Batch 01841: Unable to recognize payment method for entry '18310' based on its card number 'E'
Batch 01841: Unable to recognize payment method for entry '18311' based on its card number 'E'
Batch 01841: Unable to recognize payment method for entry 'man-18289-20100202174454' based on its card number 'E'
Batch 01841: Unable to recognize payment method for entry 'man-18312-20100202211320' based on its card number 'E'
Batch 01841: Unable to recognize payment method for entry 'man-31256M-20100202210450' based on its card number 'E'
Batch 01841: Unable to recognize payment method for entry '18240' based on its card number 'E'
Request 1: Status = Object "10000-1074633575" specified in the request cannot be found.
Request 2: Status = Object "10000-1074633575" specified in the request cannot be found.

David Johns

ajentp,

Sorry - I wasn't clear in my last response.  You'll need to upgrade to the BETA version (1.3.7.7) to be able to correctly export batches.  There may still be some errors like those you have put below, but please upgrade to the beta and try it again and we'll deal with any errors you get at that point.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I am now using latest version. This time error message is shorter.

Please advise

Error message:

Exported 0 sales receipts and 0 credit memos to QuickBooks.
Request 1: Status = Object "10000-1074633575" specified in the request cannot be found.
Request 2: Status = Object "10000-1074633575" specified in the request cannot be found.

----------------------------

David Johns

ajentp,

The new version gives warning messages if there are any before it actually exports the orders.  Did you get any such warnings or was this the first message that appeared when you tried to export?  Also, how many batches were you trying to export when you got this message?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

David,

That was the only message I received. I tried to export 1 batch only.

Thanks

ajentp

Hi David,

Any update about this issue.

Thanks

Ahsan