Automatically Send Shipped Email to Manual orders : Added - Beta 1.1.1.4

Started by Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com, June 14, 2006, 12:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

I am sure everyone else is having issues with this. When I do a manual order and ship it via FedEx. It sends the tracking info (via Import) back to Yahoo. When I do this it get's an error with the manual orders because Yahoo doesn't understand what they are. Right now I email the customer their invoice with the tracking info on it.

Is there a way of emailing the manual orders when it gets to this stage automatically? What do other merchants do with manual orders?

Thanks,

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Nathan,

Do you mean you are creating a csv file to upload to Yahoo or do you mean that the manual orders are being included in the xml email The SuperManager can automatically send to Yahoo?  If it is the latter we this should not be happening.  We will address this in a future release.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

If you mean the via a manual export and upload I would think the only way to address this would be to take them into excel and delete lines for manual orders before uploading.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Hi David,

It is the second one where manually inputed orders are trying to upload info to Yahoo. I leave the order number as X-manual since I figure that is how you system knows it's a manual order and not to update. If you are fixing it can you think about an option where it emails a invoice to the customer at that stage instead. I do that manually now but it would be great to do that all in one shot when the tracking numbers are imported back into the system thus completing an order for a customer.

Thanks,

Nathan....
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

The first part of the problem has been fixed and is available in the 1.1.0.1 beta release.  I will contact you via email about how to get started on that.  For the second point - I like the idea.  We will consider how this could be implemented.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Nathan,

We have added the other feature you asked for as of Beta 1.1.0.2.  We will be mailing it out to you.  Others who are interested please contact us at info@thesupermanager.com.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Put in the setting. Can't wait to get another manual (phone) order.

I know that you still have this on your list but the Order Type doesn't auto-fill yet and you can put in other variables in the box.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

Yes - that is still on the "to do" list.  We will get to that shortly.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Nathan,

We have added the autofill dropdowns as you requested as of beta 1.1.1.2.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com