Amazon FBA On SM

Started by ajentp, March 03, 2010, 04:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

Hi David

Any update about the FBA orders. I e-mailed you FBA order file.

Also, I tried new version, however new version still not able to directly load the file with full address details.

Please reply.

Thanks

David Johns

Ahsan,

I did not receive your sample file until version 1.4 was released.  I have looked at the sample and was able to modify a few things to make it work.  I will release this in a beta version in the next couple of days and give you and the person we developed FBA integration for a chance to test out manually importing orders.  If the tests show that it is the way to go forward we will switch out the automated download to pull this report instead of the current one.  I'll post back when this is released.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Thanks David, I will wait for it. Thanks again for your time.

David Johns

ajentp,

I just released beta 1.4.0.1 which should correctly import the report you sent when you use "File" | "Import" | "Orders" | "Amazon TXT".  You can use that while we verify with our other customer that this new format will work as well or better for their needs.

Use "Help" | "Check for Updates" to install the new beta.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

We have been using beta 1.4.0.1 for Amazon FBA. It is doing a great job. There are two small problem we are encountering though.

1)  FBA imported orders are showing shipping amount in the order total. In reality, Amazon does not credit this amount to merchant. What they do: they issue a credit and then a charge back of equal amount to make it zero. I am wondering if SM can be instructed to just make shipping cost equal to zero. Same is also true for gift wrap service.

2) Second issue: if order has two items, then order total is not accurate. SM records two different payment. One for the first item and second for the combined total. So let's say if there are two different items which have value $4 and $6.  SM will record first payment of $4.00 and then second payment of $10. Thus the total received payment it will shows as $14.00.

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards

David Johns

Ahsan,

We have resolved the second issue.  The first one is kind of difficult because while it is true that you may never see the money, from a transactional prospective it is a part of the total order amount.  I would think from an accounting prospective you would want to include this and then subtract it back out.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi David,

Sorry I was not checking this thread. I am glad to hear that one issue is resolved. About the other issue, as you suggested, can it be included in SM so an equal ship amount can be subtracted upon order download.  Such subtract field can be "Ship chargeback" or "ship back". Then I guess all I need to do it to map that field to certain account in quickbook.

Please advise.

Thank You

David Johns

Ahsan,

We are working on switching this import to the report you recommended.  It should we finished in the next week or so.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com