Options Cost : Added - Beta 1.1.0.2!

Started by Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com, June 15, 2006, 09:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Hi,

Just a couple observations on my manually inputed orders.

1) When you add a product with options it doesn't add the price to the total of the product. (we use the option feature to charge for shipping as we charge shipping by the product and not weight, etc.). So right now I just add the shipping amount but this will affect others who use the option field for other things.

2) When you double click the product to add it to the order it actually brings up the description. Would a natural reaction be to double click a product to add it. In fact beyond that you shouldn't have to take your hands off the keyboard for entry so when you tab from the email address and click add item you should be able to put in the code for the product (instead of the search box coming up) or it is both. If the product code doesn't exist then it searches. With a simple <enter> you will add the product. Of course this is the natural fit but doesn't work for me cause I need to put in the option (if it calculates in the total) but it gets me closer to less click by the mouse.

3) Taxes are not computed until you save the order. A proper process would be to calculate them when you click on the payment method (the next tab over). The taxes should be calculated automatically as I wouldn't want to see a popup to do this each time (maybe a setting in the taxes setting tab if people need to confirm this).

That's about it for now. Of course we get several manual orders through our toll free number. P.S. still loving the software. I can process orders in record time now.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback.   As to your first point - I think you mean if you have an option like "Green (+1.00)" it is not adding $1 to the amount.  Is that correct?  If so it is true, this capability has never been added.  We could add that in an upcoming release.

For the other two points we will consider how we could improve the process of adding items and adjusting the tax accordingly in a smoother manner.  We will get back to you on these items.

Thanks!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply as always. Yes it doesn't add the option amounts which it needs to on manual orders. As I said I have a workaround for now but other merchants who rely on the options tab for updates will want it.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

Another point I failed to mention.  You can change the price of the item as well.  You may have known this.  When we add the functionality you have asked for we will just set the price equal to the base price of the product, then add the personalization charge for each inscription or initial option added, then add the amount added or subtracted by options with incremental amounts in the option.  You can do this manually currently by adding up the amount the item should cost and placing it in the "unit price" field on the item details screen.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Nathan,

We added incremental and personalization pricing as of beta 1.1.0.2.  We will be sending it out to you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Love it. Thanks. I will let you know how it goes after a couple days of manual orders.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan, Beta 1.1.0.3 addresses your second issue.  Now the default action when you press enter will be like pressing the 'OK' button.  Once you type something in the "SuperFind" box it will change the default to be like pressing the 'SuperFind' button.  Then once the SuperFind is executed it is changed back to 'OK'.  So in essence if you want to find something it will recognize it and know to search for it.  Otherwise pressing enter will keep the settings you have entered and go back to the order details screen.  I hope this makes it better.

I'll get to the last one soon.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com