Should I be using a shortcut? just the database? trouble saving file

Started by Faith, April 07, 2010, 01:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Hi,
  Yesterday I had my computer redone (after a virus) anyway, I have the Supermanager database on my desktop, plus another Supermanager icon which is maybe a shortcut? not sure, I had logged into the database by accident and when I went to save the file it said to save it in my documents, I created the name SuperManager database and got the following error:

error saving backup file 32

What did I do wrong? Should I be touching this database at all? just the shortcut? I think the database automatically updates everytime I use the SuperManager (shortcut) but am not sure. I hope I'm making sense, it has been a stressfull two days with my computer, thanks for any help. :)

Faith

David Johns

Faith,

Sorry to hear about your computer problems.  It shouldn't matter whether you launch SuperManager by double clicking on the shortcut or the database file.  I do normally recommend, however, saving your database in the "My Documents" folder somewhere.  This just avoids confusion and if you have a backup utility that is backing up "My Documents" it will back up your SuperManager data. (which I highly recommend).

I'm not sure what caused the error while trying to save the backup.  The error you indicated means it was unable to get permissions to the file at that moment.  Is this an issue that happens every time or just that once?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com