Rating Requests : Added - Beta 1.1.2.3

Started by Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com, June 23, 2006, 10:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

I am not sure if anyone sends out rating requests but we like to work on our 5 star status. Not sure if there is enough demand to add a button to the Order Details screen to send it out. I think this is the only proper place to put it because you need to go through each order and make sure a RA email (we email the customer a RA form so we know they are returning it) hasn't been sent and to make sure it was shipping.

Thoughts. Right now I am going to do a special export to do this and manually do it in Yahoo for each one. The plus with doing it through SM is that it is done in the background so I can go through them quicker. It should also put it in the notes field that a rating request was sent.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Nathan,

You may be looking for something more custom than this, but currently The SuperManager will record each email template that was sent to a customer.  So you could create a "Rating Request" email template and after you send it to the customer it will have in the merchant notes at the bottom of the order details window something like

23 Jun 2006: Sent 'Rating Request' email

Did you have something more specific to accomplish this in mind?  Please elaborate if you do.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

On Yahoo you can Send Rating Request Email. It's the last link on the right hand side. They can check a box on checkout for it to be done automatically but most people done. So I send out the Rating Request Email. It's a link so to my knowledge there is no way to do our own email for this function. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The icon as it should be (like update Yahoo) on each order would just click that link on the page and then fill in the standard rating request verbage then click on the Send Email button.

I can send screen grabs you like. I can't believe no one else does this as it helps with your store rating which helps with customer confidence.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

I get you - so you want a button on the toolbar at the top of the order details window you could click and it would send a rating request.  Is this right?

We will add this to our list if so.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

Just a note ... that would be a great feature to add to the full version. 

As Nathan mentioned; you can turn it on in Yahoo and it prompts them at check-out; however many people do not use it then.  If they receive an e-mail a week later (a day or two after their order would have arrived) they are more likely to complete the rating request. 

However, they may need to add something on their check-out page that says 'if you do not want to be contacted in the future, check here' ... so they are automatically opted in unless they check that box.  There is so much spam these days that it makes it hard for the legitimate merchant; so they need to cover themselves.

Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David, Yes this is what I am asking for.

QBRox, I don't think I agree with the spam thing. This is a normal email from a merchant to make sure they are happy with the purchase much like a car salesman might call to make sure everything is ok with the car (and to find out if you have any friends looking for a car). We are a bit on the agressive end when it comes to email marketing but this is just a customer service request and not a sale pitch. I think the CAN-SPAM laws cover this in detail saying that a place where you purchased something have the right to email you but have to respect removal requests (this is done after they get the email, not before). BTW, we opt-in to our list automatically but when a removal request is clicked it is instant.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

qbsrox

Nathan,

As long as the site's privacy policy states that, you are covered... in theory.  However, I've had owners state all of this on their site and then get hammered because it was felt that they didn't make it quite clear enough.   At that point, they added the 'click here to opt out of future notifications' ... or something similar; and that was fine. 

I agree with you, just want to point out that it's become tougher for eMerchants and there are some things that will help stay off the blacklist.

Rox
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Nathan,

I have added your suggestion to our development list.  We will look into it and get back to you if we have any further questions.

By the way I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you about what may be an undocumented feature:

If you add a custom option called "Opt Out" to either your shipping or billing addresses and pass a value of "YES", "Y", "TRUE", or "T" the SuperManager will check the "Opt Out" box on the order details page.  You will then be warned before you send any emails.  This may help to aleviate some of the problems  with privacy laws.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

That's in the full version of SuperManager, and not the Lite version, correct?  You guys have so many cool little features!

Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Actually the Opt Out variable will be imported in either Lite or Full version, but since you can't send emails in the Lite version it doesn't do you much good there.

Thanks!!!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Nathan,

This feature has been added as of beta version 1.1.2.3.  We will be sending you an update notice today.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com