Problem downloading orders into SM with the latest version Internet Explorer 9

Started by groovycarts, May 11, 2011, 06:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groovycarts

We have found that we have a problem downloading orders into SM with the latest version Internet Explorer 9.  We have tried on 2 different computers that work fine downloading orders into SM with IE 8, but as soon as we upgrade to IE 9 they can no longer download orders.  We get the common error that it may be caused by our firewall, but we have disabled the firewall and changed all the other security setting in IE recommended in other posts here in the forum but still cannot get SM to download orders.  It attempts to, and shows the order numbers it is trying to download, but then times out.  Once we go back to IE 8 everything works fine again.  Any ideas what may be causing this with the new IE 9?  Thanks.

groovycarts

No reply yet from support?  Until there is a solution found do not upgrade to IE 9.  The problem is definitely something with IE 9.  It may be a security setting but I have played around with it and cannot find the solution.  If you have installed Internet Explorer 9 and want to roll back to your previous version of IE, you can follow the steps below to roll back to your previous version.  Your Super Manager will then begin to download your orders again with no issue.  Hope this helps.

Will

You can remove IE9 Beta using the following steps.

1.    Close all programs.

2.    Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

3.    Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs category

4.    In the Tasks pane, click View installed updates.

5.    In the list of installed updates, double-click Windows Internet Explorer 9.

6.    In the Uninstall an update dialog box, click Yes.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

7.    Follow the instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 9.

8.    When the uninstall program is finished, restart your computer.

9.    After you restart your computer, open Internet Explorer.

10. Click About Internet Explorer on the Help menu. If Internet Explorer 7 or 8 appears in the About Internet Explorerdialog box, then you have successfully completed the uninstall.

David Johns

Will,

I installed IE9 today on one of our test computers to see how it worked with SuperManager.  Right after I installed it I opened SuperManager and it didn't seem to be working properly.  I issued a shortcut SuperManager has to make visible the browser it is using in the background to do its work, ctrl-shift-e.  When the browser came up, it had a "Welcome to IE9" window displayed.  I closed SuperManager and then closed the browser, then re-opened SuperManager and it was working properly.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Would you expand on; "I issued a shortcut SuperManager has to make visible the browser it is using in the background to do its work, ctrl-shift-e. "

Exactly how should this be executed on a users workstation?    Is it executed from within SM, or elsewhere?

jabrein

I've figured out the cnrl-shift-e to bring up the browser.   Unfortunately, I'm still getting the Downloading error even when following the steps outline above.    I have also modified some of my IE9 browser security settings based on another thread related to download errors, but I'm still unable to get new orders to download.

I'd be happy to research further (maybe a shared session) after the Holiday weekend.  Let me know.