Amazon Store to Interact with SuperManager MWS API feature : Fixed - version 1.4.6.8

Started by advancedmart, June 19, 2011, 07:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

advancedmart

Downloading new orders gives me new orders that do not show payment like old Amazon orders, it shows as unpaid.
shipping says Std Cont US Street Addr instead of "standard" shipping..

One order also showed all blank for address phone and payment etc. does show item but price and item shows $0.00

David Johns

John,

Sorry the new intergration is not working for you.  We can work on some of these issues to make it work more like the old integration.  Specifically, the payment, we can add back in very quickly.

As for the "Standard" shipping, the new field gives a bit more information, which could be an advantage to some users.  It gives you the ability to map "Std Cont US Street Addr" to one ship class and "Std Asia" to another, for example.  Perhaps there are disadvantages that we hadn't thought of, however.  Please let us know if this will cause problems for you and we can weigh that against the advantages it will give other users.

The issue of the order with the blank address, phone and payment information and $0.00 item prices is something we definitely need to look into.  Can you try one thing for us?  Please right click on it and choose "Update from Store Manager".  The new integration allows you to re-download orders from Amazon on this manner, a function that is supported by other carts, but was previously unsupported for Amazon.  This will have it re-download the order and compare it to the one already in SuperManager's database.  I'd just like to single out whether this is an issue the Amazon API has with this order or an issue SuperManager has with reading the order or if it was just a random hiccup from Amazon.

Please bear with us as we try to polish up this new feature.  If the problems make it too hard for you to continue using the new integration, you can go back to the old release by following these steps:

1.  Go to your Windows control panel and choose "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" (depending on which version of windows you have) and uninstall SuperManager
2. Go to the "Download" page on our main website, http://www.thesupermanager.com/download.php, enter your license information and choose to download the "Latest Major Release"
3. Launch the installer downloaded in step 3 to re-install the production version of SuperManager

If you saved your database in the new version of SuperManager, you will need to open the backup file SuperManager saved automatically when you saved it the first time in the beta version.  This file will be a .sbk file and will be located in the same folder as your SuperManager database file.  It will have _version14XX and a date stamp in the file name.  You can just double click on this file to open it in SuperManager and then when you save it, make sure that it has all your latest order data in it and then save it over top of your SuperManager database.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

advancedmart

It saved in the new format after that I deleted the bad empty order and it downloaded correctly after reloaded new orders. So the file must have been in the old format when I upgraded until the first save. There needs to be a save first in the new format before the products downloads to make it work right I would guess.   Only the payment issue remains. 

Also will MWS API work for updating tracking numbers?  That is always slow and hit and miss when using the standard method. I usuualy just login in and copy and paste the tracking in its faster and more reliable. can the MWS be used for that?

Also for amazon I want standard shipping including the new "Std Cont US Street Addr" to default to [  USPS First Class Mail / RECTPARCEL / US Postal Service ] on the shipping details page when shipping. How do you do that?

Thanks.

David Johns

John,

Glad its working better for you.  I'm not sure I understand what happened.  It should not need to have the file saved in order to correctly import orders.  Let's certainly keep an eye on it, however, to see if it ever imports corrupt orders again.

As for updating tracking, yes this is also now done with MWS.  Please try it at least once to see if it is fast and robust enough for you.

Do I understand from your statement about the ship method that you may be ok with this as long as you can get it set up to export to Dazzle and/or other shipping software ok?  To set ties default you'll need to go to the Custom Fields tab of the store settings and double click on the ship method you need to set, then set the default package type and ship class for Xml - Dazzle.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

advancedmart

I mean when you download an order it will show shipping method as "Std Cont US Street Addr" for a particular order.
when I go the "shipment details" I have to use drop down menu to change from "UPS Ground Residential" to "USPS First Class Mail"  every time, I also have to change "Carrier" from "UPS" default to US Postal Service.

Is there anyway to set it so when an order come as "Std Cont US Street Addr" the shipping detail shows  "USPS First Class Mail" and  US Postal Service. without me having to change it.  as every order I send from Amazon using "Std Cont US Street Addr" is sent first class mail US Postal Service.

I checked updates to tracking right now by submiting several tracking numbers. and it acts like it is sending the info to amazon (does not gove an error message), but the tracking does not go into seller central when i looked it up later. So i guess i will be copying and pasteing until it works like it should.

Also now that you made changes amazon to passwords etc, open store manager for amazon is now not working, as I guess the program no longer has the correct login info for seller central.  it was handy to be able to quickly login seller central with a click.

David Johns

John,

How are you creating the shipping labels for shipping these orders?  Here's the ideal process for how this would work:

1. You set up shipment and package type mappings in your store settings as described in section 7.7 of the user's manual.
2. You enter any other details for the shipment on the shipment details, such as weight, declared value or anything in the ship method ore package type that is not the default value you set up in step 1.
3. You export the order to Dazzle or WorldShip via XML using the XML Exchange, which will send the tracking number back to SuperManager automatically.  When SuperManager receives it, it will update the shipment with that, set the postage date to the current date and set the carrier to USPS for Dazzle or USP for WorldShip.  If you are shipping using other software, such as FedEx ShipManager, you can set up a process that is almost that automated, but will require one additional step of exporting the results from FedEx and importing them via a text file into SuperManager.

Following such a process, the Carrier will be automatically updated for you in the process.

As for having to change the shipping detail on the shipment - I'm not sure I understand how this is happening.  The way it is supposed to work is that you would map out "Std Cont US Street Addr" to mean "First Class Mail" when sent to Dazzle or "UPS Ground" when sent to WorldShip, for example, but then it is left up to you to either export each particular shipment to either WorldShip or Dazzle depending on which service you generally use for a given product.  Using the XML Exchange, the carrier will be automatically updated when SuperManager receives the response from Dazzle or WorldShip.  Using this approach, you should not have to change the shipment shipping method unless there is something special about an order, for example, if one item was backordered so you shipped most items using First Class Mail, but then when the backordered item comes in you ship it Overnight.  That was the thought behind making each shipment have it's own ship method.  The ship method in the shipment should default to the ship method chosen by the customer for the order in every case.

Sorry that the tracking information did not show up in Sellar Central for you.  I  that when you tested this that you waited until SuperManager reported that the shipment information had been uploaded?  Unfortunately, Amazon does not provide a service that updates tracking numbers quite in real time.  The process SuperManager follows is:
1. Submit the information feed, afterwhich Amazon returns a sumission ID
2. Ping Amazon once every 6 seconds for the first minute and then once every 10 seconds thereafter (required by Amazon's "throttling" policy) asking whether that feed has been processed.  During this phase, the SuperManager status bar should state "Waiting for tracking info update response from Amazon...".
3. Once Amazon reports that the feed has been processed, download from Amazon the feed processing report, which indicates whether the feed was successfully processed.  If it was not, SuperManager should show you that processing report so that you can fix any errors in the information that may have led to an unsuccessful update.

If SuperManager never showed you the submission processing report, it should mean it eventually went through successfully, but it may have taken a minute or so before Amazon processed it.

As for being able to log into Seller Central, we considered at least making it bring up the Seller Central login page, but since the username and password are no longer required and since there are already three other credentials/settings that are required with the API, we don't have the space for storing these credentials anymore.  We may be able to re-arrange some things to make it work, however, if this is something that is important to you and other users.

Also, just an update.  This morning we have released 1.4.6.6, which adds back the automated generation of a payment event reflecting that Amazon handles the payments.

Lastly, I wanted to document a finding from another user here in case you or others following this post notice this.  The new process does not currently support importing the customer's email address.  This is an issue that Amazon is aware of and claims they are in the process of addressing.  You can read about it here on their developer forum:
http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2584066
We will certainly add support for this information when it becomes available.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

advancedmart

Looks like I have most items working better. One Item I noticed is that it now shows a payment  But a payment of $0.00
in the past an Amazon order would come in as being the total for the order and show as being order being paid.

Now it just sows amount as being due in total.   Before update you made the payment event area was blank.  now it shows "22 JUN 11 Payment $0.00"

David Johns

John,
We have a new release, 1.4.6.8, that resolves that problem.  Give it a try and let us know if there are any other issues with the new integration.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

advancedmart

as an update, I am still not getting 100% of the tracking updates into Amazon after sending from SM. 

I still need to double check in seller central as a few don't seem to make it.  I will let you know if this improves.

Is there a way to have SM verify that the orders are in fact being updated as being shipped in the Amazon system? and if not resend or at lease give indication?

David Johns

John,

It is actually checking after submitting each feed (a batch of tracking number updates).  The reason it takes so long is it has to wait for Amazon to process the feed and then it downloads a report of how the feed was processed.  It checks that report for the number of errors Amazon reports.  If there are any errors reported SuperManager is supposed to pop-up that report for you to see it and see what things were not updated properly.  Have you ever seen that pop up?  Also, are the orders that are not updating typically all in one batch update or is it one or two in a batch of orders that you updated?  I'm just trying to figure out if the entire process falls apart sometimes or if Amazon is for some reason missing one of two of the updates in a single list of updates we are sending it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

advancedmart

Just got an email from Amazon "Due to a technical issue it is necessary for you to retrieve new Amazon MWS credentials and reauthorize MWS-enabled solution providers and applications."

Tried to do it but it no longer works.

it gives error

This Developer Account Number 110461724750 has not been issued by MWS. Please contact the developer who you are attempting to authorize to obtain a developer account number that has been issued by MWS.

David Johns

John,

We're very sorry about this.  It appears that Amazon has turned off our account for some reason.  We are working with them to find out if this was just a mistake or what the reason is.  We'll report back as soon as we know what happened.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

advancedmart

Since the new login type I've missed some orders, and today I had two orders but they will not download.  It says "no new orders".. I had one previous order that download but was blank no info.

David Johns

John,

Can you please try downloading those orders again today and let me know if they never come through or if they just have some type of time lag?

As for the blank orders ? I?m still trying to figure out if that is intentional on the part of Amazon or if it is a bug in their system.  It seems that when you first download orders they can come through that way.  I had made the  that perhaps this is what Amazon does when an order is received, but has not yet been processed by them.  Then, when they process the order the rest of the information is filled in.  If you right click on the order(s) and choose ?Update From Store Manager? it will likely grab the rest of the information ? at least that is what we have seen with other users.  Again, to be fully honest, I?m not sure if this is a bug in Amazon?s system, or if this is how it is supposed to work.  They don?t mention it in their documentation.  Next time you get such an order, can you try right clicking and choosing to update it right away?  That would let us know if it is intended to work that way or just a glitch.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

advancedmart

I have a few order come in since, that dowloaded ok. But two orders never downloaded, I just shipped them through amazon seller central.  Should I just create new Amazon orders in SM to add these two orders?