Yahoo to SM...double charging?

Started by TracyGBMP, August 01, 2011, 09:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TracyGBMP

Hello all -

I have just begun testing SM.  We use Yahoo Small Business Starter so we have an extra step getting from Yahoo to SM.  Question is, when I go to Yahoo, should I still be doing a "sale" in YH or waiting until I import to SM to actually charge the card?  I am having an issue w/ that because once I get in SM I have to add the product and it double the price.  So, I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong.  I've read the manual but cannot see where I am screwing it up.   

Once that's figured out, how do I get the orders into QB? 

David Johns

Tracy,

Are you saying the orders show up without any products in them?  What format are you using to import the orders?  Are you using the XML format?  If not, you should have Yahoo send you the orders in XML format and import them.  Then the products will be there and all of the totals should match identically to what is in Yahoo.  You can then charge the orders in SuperManager.

General instructions for exporting to QuickBooks are laid out in the manual.  Feel free to ask any specific questions.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

TracyGBMP

No, it is importing in .csv format.   For some reason, we cannot download in XML, the Small Business doesn't have that option. 

TracyGBMP

I hope I explained it properly.

We go to yahoo, exports the orders.csv file to our desktop.  Go to SM and import it.  When it shows up on the screen there is no product so I have to add it.  It then doubles the price because somehow the total of the order is already in there. 

A different issue, should I be charging in Yahoo and not in SM?  Or should I just wait and have SM do it once I figure out how to use it properly?  How is everyone else doing it?

I am reading how easy SM has made everyone's lives and feel stupid because I cannot figure it out...

David Johns

Tracy,

The problem is that when you import using a csv file it doesn't contain the items, it just lumps the subtotal into a total that it calls "Items" and the total amount for all items.  This does not happen when you import using XML.  To continue using this approach where you import using a csv file, when you add the items you'll also need to delete the "Items" total from the list of totals for the orders.

If you have a merchant starter store and can't export XML files, you can follow these directions to have Yahoo email you XMl files to import into SuperManager:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,45.0.html

As for charging in SuperManager vs. Yahoo - there are definitely advantages to charging in SuperManager once you get the orders in there properly.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com