Error while attempting to download Amazon orders

Started by bcogan6502, September 29, 2011, 07:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcogan6502

I am receiving an error when I try to download orders from Amazon.  First I get the message "GetDocument failed (error 1150)' and then I repeatedly get "Unknown error while logging into Amazon".

Any ideas?

David Johns

What operating system are you using?  If you are using windows vista or 7, please follow these instructions:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,970.msg4254.html#msg4254

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bcogan6502

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3.  Now I am also having problem where is says "Adding Orders to Database" and freezes up.  I have to cancel the program and re-start it and then I am fine until it starts the same process of downloading Amazon orders.  It is showing a new error now.  "Error downloading orders - TextBoxFill Returned (error 1000)

David Johns

bcogan6502,

I'll contact you outside of the forum to set up a remote  session to look at these problems.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Just curious - what ended up being the culprit?

Thanks.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Honestly I can't remember for sure at this point, but I beleive when we updated them to the latest beta release the problem went away.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

I'm getting the same TextBoxFill Returned (error 1000) on my computer. I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping that would fix the problem. But it didn't. I'm running Windows Vista.

David Johns

Alpinedynamics,

You get this error downloading Amazon orders?  If so, can you please check the store type of the Amazon store in your SuperManager store settings?  Also, make sure you have followed the instructions here for getting the credentials you need to allow SuperManager to integrate with Amazon:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,962.0.html

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

Yep, I followed those instructions. One thing that is a little confusing is that the instructions don't advise whether the Merchant ID or the Marketplace ID is the one that is supposed to go into "Store ID" field of SM. I  Merchant ID = Store ID, which looks something like AL4CTI3P2L009 (this is not the actual). I indicated store type as Amazon, not Amazon FBA. I did not fill-in contact info, address, phone, fax, etc (but did fill-in email). Order ID Prefix defaulted to "AM".

Is the "make manual transaction through" field necessary? There I have just the default, which is specific to my Yahoo Store.

Attached is a screen shot.

alpinedynamics

I just tried to get orders again. I got "documentFailed (error 1008). Then I tried again and it said "unknown error". So I'm getting a variety of errors.

David Johns

I see the problem now.  You have an outdated version of SuperManager.  The instructions I referee to only apply to the beta version.  Please update to the beta version.  You can do this using the "Help", "Check for Updates" function.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

Oh no!! I did the install but now it is asking me for the key. I  it was just a patch, not an un-install / re-install. Please help. I'll email too.

David Johns

alpinedynamics,
I just sent you your license information.  Please report back if that gets you back up and running.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

What am I doing wrong now. Everything is the same from before I upgraded to the beta version. Except I added my amazon password (that I use to login to Seller Central) to the "RTI password" field. See screenshot. I get error "authentication failed. Please check MWS credentials". Note that it did work sporadically before I upgraded to the beta, which tells me the credentials were fine before.

David Johns

alpinedynamics,

There are two credentials that you need to input after going through the process described here:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,962.0.html

You need to enter both an MWS Merchant ID and an MWS Marketplace.  It looks like the marketplace is the beginning of an email address rather than the marketplace.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com