Multiple Shipments : Resolved using a java enabled report template

Started by finnstyle, January 09, 2007, 08:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

The multiple shipments feature is not really usable for us unless you can just charge for what went out in that shipment. It'd be fantastic if it could show on the sales receipt what is charging/shipping immediately, and what will be charged/shipped later. Even if it's just two shipments, that's all we ever do 95% of the time.

I don't know about anyone else, but this would be my number 1 priority for new features. It would make my life SO much easier!
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

Some of this functionality is available in SuperManager:

• With the most recent beta you can print "Packing Slips".  This is mostly like a Sales Reciept, with the exception that it will only list items that are being shipped with the present shipment.  The way it works is at least breifly explained in the Release Notes.
  • We set up your Sales Receipt to show a list of current items being shipped and back ordered items being shipped.  Is this not meeting your needs?
  • You can have SuperManager only charge for what is not backordered.  If you set a setting called "Backordered Item Treatment" on the program settings preferences tab as "Add Total Line Item" it will create a "Backordered Items" total to subtract out the amount due from backordered items so the customer does not pay for them when you do the initial charge.  The trick is to have this preference set and to mark backordered items as backordered before charging.  I think it will only charge for the amount presently due if you do.  Please give us feedback if this does not meet your needs or does not work as I explained.
Thanks!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

The packing slip would work except that it does not show prices. The Sales Receipt would work except that it also lists the backordered items that are not shipping, and nowhere does it list the actual amount being charged now (it will show subtotal, and shipping, but the initial charge is these two together).
So basically there's no way to do it without confusing the customer. The whole point of splitting up the sales receipt is so that they can clearly see what's being charged/shipped now, and what later.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

The beauty about SuperManager's report templates is that you could add the amount paid to the sales receipt or the prices to the packing slip.  There is a lot of flexibility.  I can probably look at this more for you in the near future - like in a week or so - or you could look into doing it yourself with an html editor.  In the appendix of the user's manual is a complete list of all the variables available for inclusion in any report.  If you want to fax me a copy of a mocked - up sales receipt or packing slip showing exactly what information you want where I am pretty confident we can get exactly what you want.  Either email a scan to me or fax it to 775.659.7455

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

could the back-ordered items be excluded from the item list, and only show up below, in the back-ordered items section?
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I think we can do that.  Is that all you need to make it work out for you?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

I think so. Beyond that it would just be a matter of manipulating the reports so they look like we'd like them to. Would it be possible to have two different tax charges, one for each shipment, and show both on the report?
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

Mike Griggs

Hey Finnstyle,
We will look into removing the items from the item list if they are in the Backorder list.  This would be a custom invoice template using Javascript to make this happen.

Do you want this just on your Sales Receipt?  Can you please email me the latest html templates that you need the backordered items removed from the backorder list?
info@thesupermanager.com

Thanks!
Mike