tax deposit accountS - URGENT!

Started by finnstyle, March 20, 2008, 07:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

It seems to me that there is no way to choose which taxes go into which of our tax accounts, so I believe this is the appropriate board for this issue.

We charge separate tax rates for greater Minnesota versus those in the Minneapolis metro area, which has a higher sales tax. We need these to deposit into separate tax accounts in QB.

It's a pretty pressing matter. A note from our bookkeeper...
"It's a legal issue.  Had we not caught this, we could have been audited and ended up paying thousands of dollars late fees to the state, and maybe legal fees as well.  It has also cost us quite a few hours of labor to sort through the MN transactions (we have to look at each and every one individually) and calculate the correct tax payment.  So, the sooner they can fix this the better."
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

Mike Griggs

Hello,

I will need to discuss this with David and see what might be possible.

While we are waiting for this we can maybe create a small excell tool which will pretty much calculate this for you.  From the Supermanager you would select the orders by state and then in excel our little tool would run through the zip codes and summarize the taxes for you.

Thanks!
Mike

David Johns

Finnstyle,

We have modified the way SuperManager picks a sales tax item in version 1.2.8.0, which is now available for download.  You can read about this in the realease notes.

Now you need to  names to each of your tax rates.  This name is used as the sales tax item name in QuickBooks.  This means that you may have several tax rates with the same name, for example if you had multiple sets of zip codes to which you were charging a city tax rate.  Also note that it is very important the order of these tax rates.  SuperManager will use the FIRST tax rate on the list that applies ranking them from top to bottom.  In other words, if you have a city tax rate(s) you need to move it to the top so it superscedes the state tax rate.

Post back if you have any questions.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com