Paper or paperless?

Started by Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com, June 12, 2006, 03:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you run a paperless process?

I print a copy of the invoice and track each step.
0 (0%)
I use the icons in SM to track my process for orders.
0 (0%)
I do a bit of both.
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

I am currently printing orders with a custom invoice to track billing the customer, printing (and thus shipping) the shipping labels, emailing the customer (either through Yahoo or manually when they are phone orders) and importing the order into the accounting software (currently using QB 2006 Pro). I don't have my credit card processing automatted but that is coming in the next couple weeks and I would like to go paperless but don't want to miss any steps. Right now I don't see an automated way of seeing who has been emailed (although proper integration with FedEx should fix this and make sure no tracking numbers go missing) and also which orders have been exported into QB (we are in Canada and thus export the US orders only as we have to deal with Canadian taxes for those order seperately, thanks for the SM team for offering to try and integrate the two tax system when I am ready to give them the spec and have testing time). Maybe another icon for exported to QB would be good or a check line. Just my 2 cents. Anyone else want to comment on this and what your process is?
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com