Changing Tax Line item on SML to a download to a different tax Vendor in QB?

Started by littlebabyshoes, June 14, 2006, 04:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebabyshoes

My business recently moved from CA to PA and I need to download future tax payable to a PA Tax Agency on the "Vendor" list in QB.

In the accounting export tab of the "Store Settings..." , i currently have nothing set up on Tax Rate tab, and on the Accounting Export, I have TAX item set up as TAX ITEM, and TAX REFERENCE ITEM set up as TAX REFERENCE ITEM.

My question is How to I create a new tax line item or change the name and have The SuperManager create one for you to reference the new PA Tax agency?

In the past, I did not specify where the tax go to.  All i did was on QB, set up a vendor called CA Board of Equalization as Tax Agency, and then all taxes collected were dumped into that account. Could you pls advise?  Many thanks.

Winnie

David Johns

Winne,

In The SuperManager go to you have the ability to set the tax line item that should be used. Just go to "View" | "Store Settings..." and go the the "Accounting Export" tab. Change the name of the "Tax Item" to "PA Sales Tax" or whatever you want. If you already have an item named that The SuperManager will use it. Otherwise it will create it for you. If you let The SuperManager create it, it will ask you what "Vendor" the tax item should reference. Again you can give it the name of an existing vendor or The SuperManager will create it for you. Just specify the vendor you want to use to represent the PA tax baord.

Concisely here is what I would recommend for your settings:
- Tax Rates: Add a tax called "PA Sales Tax" and set it to filter by state and and "PA" as a state.  This is not used for the QB export.  It is just used by SM to check if the tax is calculated correctly in Yahoo.  If you would add or remove an item in SM it would recalculate the tax correctly for you once this setting is added.
- Tax Item: "PA Sales Tax".  The first time you export to QB it will ask you for a vendor this tax item should reference.  When it does tell it "PA Tax Board".  SuperManager will create the item "PA Sales Tax" and the vendor "PA Tax Board" and link everything up correctly.
- Tax Reference Item: You can leave this as is.  It really has no impact on how SM exports invoces/sales receipts.  It is just a required (but not really used) piece of data with the process SM uses to export transactions.

Hope that helps!
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com